Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Independent , A "news" paper or window cleaning material?

Options
  • 01-06-2010 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

After watching news on tv and reading a lot of other "real" newspapers online , The "Independent" (truly it is) did not fail me again to amaze me with actually defending the "indefensible" Israeli actions occured in the last few days.
    These piece of window cleaning material with it's amazing "writers" and "columnists" (who are truly earning their names as they just fill "columns" ) show little or no symphaty for a handful of people in Gaza trying to survive under unimaginable conditions just next to next to "european like" Tel Aviv (according to invaluable analysist John Costello , whose name gives shivers to every immigrant or foreigner in this country who are not of unique,pure arian and not of Roman Catholic).

This piece of paper doesn not lose the plot with balancing (or they think so ) the different sides of views if you will.
    After publishing one letter from a reader about how undefensible the Israeli actions are , they do not forget to publish 5 columns of how Israeli is right , and why irish People should symphatize them.

And as if it would make you believe that somewhere in the building of theirs they have a vault of Anti-Turkish EU Membership letters and pre-written columns , it is very eye cathcing to see yet another Anti-Turkish EU Memebrship reader letter in Letters section on the very same day they publish these unfortunate events in middle east.
    They also have a "how to beat monday blues" vault, as they fill up some space every 3-4 weeks with a similar piece of writing if you will.

As i knew none of my letters,texts,e-mails or calls somehow will make it to this "media giant" (more like they see themselves in mirror i believe) i preferred to write to boards.ie.

This pathetic excuse for a newspaper filled with anti immigration,anti islam and even occasionally anti EU (as they perfectly happy in their own little world and don't need anything or anybody else (ahh some billions wouldn't hurt to save some banks but it's ok)
    piece of writings turns your stomach.
    And they can't even to make it in style.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

You forgot anti - Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭kpbdublin

This seems to be an ill-considered rant. The Indo's main editorial on Tuesday condemned the Israeli action as a "crime'', and by no stretch of the imagination could the news coverage be described as pro-Israeli
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/editorial/israel-cant-defy-world-forever-2202068.html
    Also there was this extensive article by a Palestinian rep:
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/hikmat-ajjuri-global-community-now-morally-obligated-to-condemn-this-piracy-2202010.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

umm lets see - you have bombarded a newspaper with "letters,texts,e-mails or calls" and you want to be taken seriously.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

Unwelcomed wrote: »
    After watching news on tv and reading a lot of other "real" newspapers online , The "Independent" (truly it is) did not fail me again to amaze me with actually defending the "indefensible" Israeli actions occured in the last few days.
    These piece of window cleaning material with it's amazing "writers" and "columnists" (who are truly earning their names as they just fill "columns" ) show little or no symphaty for a handful of people in Gaza trying to survive under unimaginable conditions just next to next to "european like" Tel Aviv (according to invaluable analysist John Costello , whose name gives shivers to every immigrant or foreigner in this country who are not of unique,pure arian and not of Roman Catholic).

This piece of paper doesn not lose the plot with balancing (or they think so ) the different sides of views if you will.
    After publishing one letter from a reader about how undefensible the Israeli actions are , they do not forget to publish 5 columns of how Israeli is right , and why irish People should symphatize them.

And as if it would make you believe that somewhere in the building of theirs they have a vault of Anti-Turkish EU Membership letters and pre-written columns , it is very eye cathcing to see yet another Anti-Turkish EU Memebrship reader letter in Letters section on the very same day they publish these unfortunate events in middle east.
    They also have a "how to beat monday blues" vault, as they fill up some space every 3-4 weeks with a similar piece of writing if you will.

As i knew none of my letters,texts,e-mails or calls somehow will make it to this "media giant" (more like they see themselves in mirror i believe) i preferred to write to boards.ie.

This pathetic excuse for a newspaper filled with anti immigration,anti islam and even occasionally anti EU (as they perfectly happy in their own little world and don't need anything or anybody else (ahh some billions wouldn't hurt to save some banks but it's ok)
    piece of writings turns your stomach.
    And they can't even to make it in style.

This seems to be a rant from someone who thinks "Palestine Good Israel bad". I'm astonished in irealnd that so many people seem to think there is only one side to the Palestine/Israel story, and that everything Palestine does is wonderful and everything Israel does is wicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

So it published letters giving an opposing viewpoint than your own on the issue, therefore it's a rag? :confused:

Don't get me wrong there's plenty of things wrong with the indo, your post just makes it look like you want to read a paper in which you agree with every viewpoint and one that re-enforces your worldview.

• Advertisement
Advertisement