Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How powerful is your phone?

Options
  • 01-06-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Download Linpack off the market and we'll see how each phone fares. Post your phone model, rom version and any other mods and of course your benchmark score.

HTC Desire
    FroYo DeFrost 0.4 (OCUV Kernel, not overclocked)
    39.84 MFLOPS

Pretty happy with that kind of performance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Nexus 1
    unrooted froyo 2.2
    MFLOPS: 38.122

No idea what it means though...:confused: so if you are happy with your score I will be also with mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its more to do with how your phone executes the benchmark, my phone and P@MyGaffs are just as powerful as each other, being the same, though I am running a rooted Eclair ROM so will score much lower due to how the test is compiled and run.

Download Linpack off the market and we'll see how each phone fares. Post your phone model, rom version and any other mods and of course your benchmark score.

HTC Desire
    FroYo DeFrost 0.4 (OCUV Kernel, not overclocked)
    39.84 MFLOPS

Pretty happy with that kind of performance :D

How are you finding that ROM, I am tossing up the idea of flashing it, is it fine apart from the camera? as in rock solid stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Inquitus wrote: »
    How are you finding that ROM, I am tossing up the idea of flashing it, is it fine apart from the camera? as in rock solid stable?
    Very stable but i'm changing over now to a different FroYo rom. eViL_FroYo

The camera bug has been fixed now but you have to apply the patch yourself on to the kernel file.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I can bend time with mine. I don't need any benchmarking software, I just know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

I was thinking of making a post about this a while ago, but forgot.

HTC Desire
    2.1 unrooted
    MFLOPS: 7.039

Thats around the best i get. Im not brave enough to go rooting just yet, still getting used to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The power of you're phone is insignificant next to the power of the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

Ask Tiger Woods or Ronan Keating how powerful their phones are. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

My phone can pizz 150 meters against a force 10 gale :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nexus One
    2.2 unrooted
    MFLOPS: 29.581

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

This is little more than a FLOPing contest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This is little more than a FLOPing contest :D
    Ah now if I wanted to measure floppies id go on chat roulette

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have just run it on the G1 to see the difference between the first Android phone and the latest.

The G1 gets 0.9 MFLOPS.

Thats some jump to Froyo on the Nexus One getting 38 MFLOPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

HTC Desire
    Unrooted 2.1
    5.942 MFLOPS

Is that good?? How come everyones in double figures??

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

apope8 wrote: »
    How come everyones in double figures??

It's the JIT compiler in 2.2 (hopefully hitting vanilla Desires on June 23rd!)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Nexus One
    2.2 FroYo
    MFLOPS: 37.855

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nexus One
    2.2 FroYo
    MFLOPS: 37.855

I just ran mine again and got the exact same result as you posted. I've tried it randomly 3 times this morning and gotten varying results between 29 and 38 MFLOPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

HTC hero
    1.5 stock unrooted
    2.3 MFLOPS

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

lord lucan wrote: »
    I just ran mine again and got the exact same result as you posted. I've tried it randomly 3 times this morning and gotten varying results between 29 and 38 MFLOPS.
    I ran the test a number of times to get an average and 37.855 came up a lot, hence I went with that. Think the lowest I got was around the 32 mark, the highest being over 38. Average certainly seemed to be in the high thirties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

HTC Desire
    2.1 rooted
    7.021 MFLOPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nexus One with stock froyo 2.2

37.855 MFLOPS

HTC Desire
    Rooted - OpenDesire 1.5 UVOC 1.2Ghz

Linpack
    2010-07-04 03:59:57 Inquitus/dublin 46.667 HTC Desire 1267.2MHz

Quadrant

I'd highly recommend this guys ROM above all the others I have tried, really fast and stable. Flash the blackbar mod afterwards too

Also these UVOC mods simply give you the option to set your on demand clockspeed range from a min of 0.224Ghz to a max of 1.2Ghz. Flashing one does not overclock or undervolt your phone, it is just that the kernel supports UVOC and if you wish you can then install setcpu and use the provided setcpu.txt file to avail of UVOC options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

G1 - oldschool
    CM 5.08 (2.1 root)
    2.27 MFLOPS

It is all about the perception - speed wise it seems snappy. Bu the hardware (design and camera) is more like a dogs bo@$ix than being the dogs bo*@ix.

Looking at people here who are getting around my score - root your phone for the love of god!
    It makes it faster and more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Has anyone gotten their Desire to hit 1.3GHz like the Nexus One. I've been trying but for some odd reason 1.267GHz seems to be its top point before becoming unstable.

Has anyone gotten their Desire to hit 1.3GHz like the Nexus One. I've been trying but for some odd reason 1.267GHz seems to be its top point before becoming unstable.

I haven't bothered, as an aside I don't even think 1.267 is stable enough for day to day use.

I am sure though if you cooked a crap free 2.2 ROM you could could prob get some linpack runs in before a crash well above 1.267Ghz and get well into the top 10 on that metric purely as an overclocking/benchmarking exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Nexus One with stock Froyo - 35.2 (listening to a podcast at the same time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Rooted Desire running OpenDesire 1.5, no overclock

38.392 MFLOPS

Like Inquitus, I have been running this rom for a few days and have found it fast and stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Rooted and flashed my Desire, now running ShadowFrost 1.4.

41 MFLOPS

CPU is at default 998MHz, won't go any further.

I have been running ShadowFrost for a few days now, not mad about it, might change in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

CyanogenMod 5.08 N1 - 7 MFLOPS
    CM6 Nightly - 39.5

• Advertisement
Advertisement