Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time going into second year - fees

Options
  • 01-06-2010 12:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

I've done a couple of first years before and didn't pass them, one of them was 07/08. I'm heading into second year of a new course next year (just finished and likely passed one this year).

the studentfinances.ie website says something about there having to be a 3 year gap between starting a new course to qualify for free fees or the grant, does that include the course in it's entirety or does the fact that it will be my first time going into a second year in 3rd level mean I'll be able to apply for the grant/fees?
    I've always assumed it was done on a year by year basis, but the website is after confusing me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

My boyfriend just dropped out of 1st year in March and has reapplied to a new course for September. When he emailed the college about it the impression he got was that it is infact on a year by year basis so he would only have to pay for 1st year and the rest is covered by the free fees.

Hope that helps

Advertisement