Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I feel like my life is falling apart

Options
  • 01-06-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I recently turned 29 and although I am a fairly optimistic person, all I can see when i look at my life is a mess. A few years ago my career was going really well but now that seems to have stalled and somehow I've gotten involved in office politics which has made certain situations in work awkward and frustrating. I have a long running history with Bulimia and right now it has never been worse. I got involved with a man who was married/separated with kids and has a terrible past history with women - that broke up last week and i am back at home with my folks who are totally crowding me. To make things worse about 4 years ago I was with a guy I thought was my soulmate but for various reasons things didn't work out - we have stayed in touch but it's never been easy and on Friday night he called me up hysterical because he needed a friend to talk to and totally tricked me in to sleeping with him. I mean, i obviously went along with it but i NEVER would have put myself in that situation knowingly....it all just hurts. I feel like giving up - to add insult to injury I am crap with money and broke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 willytit

Op you need to help yourself here.

To be your ex's FB shows a lack of esteem. To be with a man who is unattainable shows that you do not feel you're worth being no 1.

Bullimia is a very complex issue and perhaps going to a support group with other sufferers could help you?

With regards to the esteem, maybe counselling would help?

I too am back at home after a recent upheaval. I too feel crowded. But you have to say to yourself that it is only for the meantime. Use this time to get your head straght and save some money. Get out in the evenings if you can for a walk or whatever. Just get your space.

You are going through a lot and you should not expect yourself to deal with all this without appropriate help. It's not a weakness - it takes real balls to enlist that help and make the necessary changes in your life.

Don't do this alone, it's not necessary.

Make a list of the things that you need to change. Basically break your situation down into chunks. Then take one or two off this list and work on them. This will help you to not get overwhelmed and if you concentrate on one or two things at a time, then you will make real progress.

I hope that I have helped you somewhat. Best of luck OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 budweiser90

OP, **** like that happens to everyone! I think you should just get rid of that guy from your life if he is just using you. Don't let him manipulate you. Ya just have to keep looking for the right lad. Secondly your emotions are probably effecting your performance at work, maybe thats why you feel like your getting nowhere. If you feel you are getting nowhere with the job, try look for another (as hard as it is at the moment). Don't let these things get you down, there are more people going through worse things in life. Everyone has there ups and downs, ya just have to slowly make your way back up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭alibaba12

OP,just on the work issue there is a programme called EAP (employee Assistance Programme) run by the VHI - its free and its a good counselling service for workers - try them to help.On the bulimia side of things definately talk to ppl who know bulima or try your own kind of self help as in figuring out why you binge what makes you tick to binge/purge, try (I know this sounds cliche) but exercising, yoga, meditation when the feelings of binging occur - get out for a walk, you wont want to but after you do you will feel much better for it and wont want to binge as much.Your only at home for a short while, I had to do it a few years back too and yeah it was a pain in the a** but you will get through it. if worse comes to worse could you rent a room in the meantime?as for the fellas defo get rid they are a waste of space and your worth more than that - dont ever feel your not.hope all goes well

Advertisement