Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant info please!! Im lost!

Options
  • 01-06-2010 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, i applied for Social care courses in 3 colleges, DIT, ITB and ITT, i had my interview for DIT at the beginning of May and just last week got a letter from them offering me place:D! i havent actually got my CAO offers yet so im wondering if i can start looking into and organising my grants on the basis of the DIT offer or do i have to wait for CAO offers?

I am on the Dole now and am also recieving Rent allowance on a one bed flat which i plan to keep on during college for convienience reasons amongst others. Iv been out of work long-terms due to other courses i did and the only work iv done in the past 1 and a half years is voluntary so im wondering if anyone knows where i would stand grant wise..or what i would be entitled to? and should i be applying to the council or what?

Iv also heard whispers of grants and funding being pulled and cut so does anyone also know what the story is there?:confused: are we ok for grants at the moment or is it a bit tricky??:confused:

Any other info you think could be useful would be really appreciated.
    Thanks! :)

Comments

Advertisement