Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Friend on Facebook

Options
  • 01-06-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Someone has requested my friendship on facebook and I am not sure whether I want them as a friend on it or not. If I choose to click ignore on the request do they get a message to that affect or does it come up on their wall that I ignored the friend request.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zxcvbnm1

Just click nothing and simply ignore the request. As in - don't evn bother clicking the ignore button.

That;s what i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Yeah but they have gone in touch again questioning it, so I need to take some action I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

niceoneted wrote: »
    Yeah but they have gone in touch again questioning it, so I need to take some action I feel.

Well then they know your ignoring it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

accept them and block them on everything on your facebook account,your friends ,photos,wall ,everything so they can only just see your profile pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Denimgirl wrote: »
    accept them and block them on everything on your facebook account,your friends ,photos,wall ,everything so they can only just see your profile pic.

and hide their updates!
    it's a lot worse to ignore people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Or simply tell them that you don't see the point of accepting them as a friend.

Why go to all the effort, when simply being honest will suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

It'll hang there like a bad smell if you don't do anything about it. If you don't want to be friends on Facebook, delete the friend request now and block them on Facebook so you won't appear on their searches and they won't be able to find you. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Just ignore it. I get friend requests quite often from people who I just know but aren't friends with - I just ignore them. Why would I add you if I'm not your friend?! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

To be honest,I just accept people. It's a page on an internet site,it isn't the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

just ignore it! and if they question it, block them.

how pathetic people are that they are actually concerned whether you accept them or not! !!! Write back and tell them to get a life!
    they should get out more in the real world, some people are just overly obsessive about facebook and what it "means" if people read their little stories online.

i left it because i was utterly sick of seeing people (including my friends!) going on about 'roll on the weekend' and all the drinking escapades. same old drivel week after week.

• Advertisement

It's facebook FFS!!!
    whats the harm in accepting and then blocking most of their access
    its not like you accpeting them to live nextdoor or share your dinner table etc etc

btw you'd be better off deleting facebook (as its utter sh*te) and concentrate more on living in the real world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

uner34233 wrote: »
    btw you'd be better off deleting facebook (as its utter sh*te) and concentrate more on living in the real world
    Boards on the other hand is eh the real world???

OP either block them, reject the request and if they send it again send them a mail saying you don't want to be friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

just ignore it! and if they question it, block them.

how pathetic people are that they are actually concerned whether you accept them or not! !!! Write back and tell them to get a life!
    they should get out more in the real world, some people are just overly obsessive about facebook and what it "means" if people read their little stories online.

i left it because i was utterly sick of seeing people (including my friends!) going on about 'roll on the weekend' and all the drinking escapades. same old drivel week after week.

Hide Button? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Is there a cancel my account button yet?

FB causes so many problems.
    Look if asked just explain that you mainly connect to family - had initially connected to friends or just be honest.

Much prefer to talk to you face to face than to be your internet pen-friend....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

They don't get any notification that you've ignored them, OP. Just ignore the request and feign innocence if they ask. "Oh I barely use it, hadn't seen the request", etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Apparently (i asked someone after I ignored someones friend request because like someone already said, I'm not friends with them in real life so why be friends on facebook?) it just comes up with another opportunity for them to request your friendship...basically they'll know you ignored them.

Push the ignore button...

Thanks guys,
    I appreciate all that was said. It is a complex friendship but one all the same, I'll ignore it.
    Thanks again,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can ignore it, and then it gives you an option to mark that you don't know the person. That'll stop you coming up as a suggestion. They won't know unless the try to look at your page.

Advertisement