Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, June 1st@20:15 in Wes2 - Boardeaux V MDMA

Options
  • 31-05-2010 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

GK

Clay - In

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal - In
    Dan - In
    Ed - Inj
    Keith - In
    Glenn - In
    Graham - Inj
    Martin - In

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie - Hols
    Conor - In
    Eoin - Inj
    Gav - In
    Kenny - In

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - work
    Dave - Work
    Jules

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

out :(
    6 weeks on and my leg is not better. tried to play tonight, came on as a sub and was back off 2 minutes later, first ball i went for , leg just went again, sickened......should be over to watch anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

How did you get on tonight?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    How did you get on tonight?

lost 3-2. were 2-1 up with 4 minutes left,one of the lads missed a great chance to go 3-1 up, the goal was wide open, and from the resulting kick out, one of our lads scored an OG. they scored another goal bout 2 minutes later,we had no chance to get back into it. sickener.

massive chance lost to go 3 points clear and 6 clear of those lads, 3 way tie at the top now on 18 points each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lost 3-2. were 2-1 up with 4 minutes left,one of the lads missed a great chance to go 3-1 up, the goal was wide open, and from the resulting kick out, one of our lads scored an OG. they scored another girl bout 2 minutes later,we had no chance to get back into it. sickener.

massive chance lost to go 3 points clear and 6 clear of those lads, 3 way tie at the top now on 18 points each.

You really do have a one track mind Edward. :D

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    You really do have a one track mind Edward. :D

ooops :) indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea i'm in. Unlucky Ed on the game and injury, sounds like a close league you lads are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In For This

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Any Word On Jules Ciarain Or Dave

Mall10357 wrote: »
    Any Word On Jules Ciarain Or Dave

Dave out for a month with work.

Kenny confirmed

I know Jules is busy in work at the moment, so may not be able to reply.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The big one..

In case I miss the game (I don't know yet), good luck lads. You deserved to beat them last time and the team is better now than then.

3-0 Great win lads, and it shows the strength of the squad that we have here.

I have to say, every took on board their instructions before the game and implemented them very, very well.

Anto played a tireless, sometimes thankless game up there by himself, but he did what was asked and brought the three lads behind him into the game excellently, and a goal each for the three lads shows that. Well done Anto. We were great going forward, and I certainly have something to think about for the future now.

Also, well done to the defence tonight, especially in the second half, a clean sheet against that kind of pressure is nice.

Now, all we need to do is take that into next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Awesome performance! Finally get a chance to play a bit of football (though I was so ****ing wrecked it wasn't much) and participate in the beautiful stuff we can play. Don't think anyone was anything less than 100% tonight, superb!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anto played a tireless, sometimes thankless game up there by himself, but he did what was asked and brought the three lads behind him into the game excellently, and a goal each for the three lads shows that. Well done Anto. We were great going forward, and I certainly have something to think about for the future now.

Anto was easily MOM for me. When you take into consideration that he was up top on his own and essentially constantly marked by both their CB's at goal kicks etc it shows just how good he played that he won the ball enough times to set up three assists and it could have been much more if we'd put a few more of our chances away.

Also, yer man punching the ball as he got caught by the bounce when Gav had a pop had to be one of the funniest thing's I've ever seen on a football pitch.

great performance in the first half to go 3-0 up and just closed out in the second half.. super stuff lads.

now lets ensure no slip ups next week after this good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yep, outstanding stuff lads - great mix of solid battling and some excellent football.

Yeh Anto played very well, as did many across the park, but just want to add that you how a player reacts to missing (what was a decent) peno says a lot about them and to pick his head straight up and be central to the moves for all 3 goals soon after speaks volumes about his character.

Defence didn't give an inch, right across the board no ball was easily taken in by their attackers. Centre-midfielders were well positioned and winning lots of ball and using it well, and the 3 attackers were threatening running off Anto, so you can't ask for much more than that lads.

Have to say hats off to the gaffer for great call on the tactics for this match, worked a treat. Will leave the comments about how these 3 points only matter if....until next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Kudos to all. Smashing performance Boards. Onwards and upwards!

Have to say hats off to the gaffer for great call on the tactics for this match, worked a treat.

Thanks for that Jules, you know I hate blowing my own trumpet when it comes to the team, but tonight I feel really good about the calls I made before the game and how it worked. Now, the fact it worked so well is because the players are that good, and I knew they'd be able to take the instructions on board and play as I knew they could. But yeah, I'll chalk that down as one of my own personal best performances for Boardeaux in the 8 seasons. I'm really happy about that.

Mick too, we had a good chat before the match to tease out the thinking on what should happen, and it worked to a "T". The fact that Kenny and Martin were both wrecked shows how important the two midfielders are to that formation. They had to, and did, cover a lot of ground.

On to next week though.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Kudos to all. Smashing performance Boards. Onwards and upwards!

I have a navy hoodie, is it yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I have a navy hoodie, is it yours?
    Yep. I'm making a habit of forgetting things. Apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah tactics were spot on and when we broke, with the formation, Gav, Conor, Cillian we had the pace to get up there and support Anto who was holding the ball up.

Excellent play throughout the team and some excellent goals. We dominated them through the pitch and kept to our game.

Dan and Cathal had immense games and they didnt get a look in.

Advertisement