Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to longford town, any good nightclubs like coppers in dublin?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

if anyone knows of a good nightclub in longford town let me know thks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Longford nightclubs suck.Yer best bet is to head for carrick on shannon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm not much of a nightclub person myself. Only clubs I've been in really are Platinum in PVs and The Spiral Tree beside Valentines pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Blazers is coppers without the gardai/nurses, but just as awful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Blazers is coppers without the gardai/nurses, but just as awful
    I thought Blazers was closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dulchie75

Head to Carrick, Murtaghs and Dunnes are great, there is even a bus that runs from Longford to Carrick, 13euro return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

The Spiral Tree is probably the best of a bad bunch. As previous posters said head for Carrick on Shannon or even Mullingar if ya can. Mullingar has good pubs and clubs such as Danny Byrnes and The Final Fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

hey, hope your enjoying your new life in Longford:P If your looking for a good night out I'd head to Mullingar. Valentines in longford isnt a bad spot nor is PV's, The niteclubs aren't great to be honest but if your new to the area ya prob would have a good night also i think they are/were doing 3 euro drink so cheap night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

actually 2 euro drinks!

flas wrote: »
    actually 2 euro drinks!
    Aye, I was out last Friday in Platinum, it was a fiver in which kinda sucked, but drinks were still €2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

mullingar is probably the worst town i have ever gone out in,so id scrap all that talk about going there!

and carrick is great!! if you like hen partys and groups of irish and foreign knackers milling around the place off their heads or bouncing around the place to the latest basshunter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

As many said before, nightclubs in Longford are pretty sh*tty.

And by like coppers, do you mean the atmosphere, or other factors? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JohnP199

Going off topic a bit with this thread! Is Blazers still open? I was there a few years ago. While the night didnt impress me I really liked the design of the club. I'm currently renovating a bar and I think the layout is quite similar to what Blazers was like upstairs. Would anyone have any pictures of the place as Im looking for some inspiration for the interior!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

Haven't been Blazers in years but you can't argue with 2 yo yo drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

pauro 76 wrote: »
    Haven't been Blazers in years but you can't argue with 2 yo yo drinks.

Perhaps not, but if you're going to look very out of place if you're older than 19.

I'm in my late 20s... went there with some mates a few months back (attracted by the cheap drinks). We were wondering why the bouncer was laughing at us on the way in. Turned out we were all at least 7 years older than everyone else in the place. Scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Perhaps not, but if you're going to look very out of place if you're older than 19.

I'm in my late 20s... went there with some mates a few months back (attracted by the cheap drinks). We were wondering why the bouncer was laughing at us on the way in. Turned out we were all at least 7 years older than everyone else in the place. Scary.

I made the same mistake about a year ago.I met one girl that made her communion when I was repeating my leaving.It was a black day for me I tell ya.:mad:

Advertisement