Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arum lily

Options
  • 31-05-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,
    Could anyone tell me the best time to plant arum lily bulbs.

I bought a couple of bulbs and planted them in a pot a couple of weeks ago, but Im wondering if I've left it too late.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I assume they are the white semi- hardy ones? A rule of thumb with bulbs is always to plant them when you get them, as the longer they are out of the ground the less chance they'll have.
    Arum lily, IMO, is better off in the ground as they need a lot of water. Unlikely to do much this year but protect them over winter and they should flower next year

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bodicea

Thanks bmaxi, I was worried they would only rot given how late I've potted them.

One white, one orange. Not sure if they're semi hardy or not, but Im going to assume not and bring them in before the frost hits.

Yeh, I've been giving them plenty of tap water which Im never happy about doing cos of the chlorine content. But it's barely rained.....and I live in Mayo lol.

Advertisement