Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmacadam

Options
  • 31-05-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Hey folks just wondering if any body here has got there driveways done. Want to know if anybody has any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

We got it done with Doyles about 6 years ago and still holding strong. have to say it was a job done well. Not sure on pricing for it as we done all our own kerbing and paving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah we have the kerbing done too. rang doyles and morrisey's and neither have gotten back to me. have also tried 2 other people and same. Obviously the tarmac trade is going strong at the moment!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jimmyhat

done my own 2 years ago due to the fact the quoted prices were crazy!
    all it took was preparing the drive way by laying a bed of lime stone chippings in between the paving slabs , ordering the tarmac from morriseys and hiring a small roller from grt hire. granted its not perfect and wasnt a huge drive but i saved my self at least €1000 and more importantly its still there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Try M&N Tarmacadam - they're just outside Tullow. <snip>. They did our yard years ago and it still looks great.

Mod Edit: Please exchange phone numbers via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scano001

I got a job done last September. The company was supposed to be from Navan. It turns out they were travellers. This for me was not really an issue. The quote was typical mad at first, I did get them down to a reasonable price. They were ok when doing the job, but I did have to watch everything they did. Also when it came to putting the gate back, not one of them had a spirit level, I had to tell when when I was happy with how it was being hung. This spring parts of the tarmac are starting to lift. Anyway be warned, the price is average the job is not. Company was called something like Leinster Tarmac (I am not sure) and their flyer says the office is on Flower Hill Navan..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

We've just had our drive done last December by Doyles they did a great job including the curbs and they took away 80 tons of earth and rubble.

I highly recommend them

P.S. If you need a contact number send me a pm, the guy can come to your place a give you a free qoutation without any obligations

rgds

Zeppi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Since its 3 yrs since the thread was opened one would assume the op has gotten the job done lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

one would assume that however I have not got it done yet :D:D:D:D

Was fairly close alright only prob was company we decided to go with never bothered turning up!!! Hopefully next year if the finances work out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Most of my neighbours used Doyles, and very happy with them. I know a pensioner that got really scammed by travellers, so be careful out there. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Can somebody send me the number for Doyles? I have tried googling, but not sure where they would be based

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Jane1012 wrote: »
    Can somebody send me the number for Doyles? I have tried googling, but not sure where they would be based

059 9132207

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

I have had Doyle's do work for me in the last few months 100% job and very reasonable priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Jane1012 wrote: »

doylestarmac.com/about.html

Googled without using the location as a search term.

Advertisement