Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvest work,were to look?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hello,i am wonderin if anybody here can help,i'm doin Acp in Ucd,and am lookin for harvest work in,preferably in the UK.I've scoured the internet all weekend and guess it's just a matter of waitin,but i spoze more places i apply the better.Just wonderin if anybody has/is doin something similar and if so could point me in the right direction. I hav driven most tractors goin and am fairly competent with them.I spent last harvest with a local farmerdrawin corn,i left it fairly late i know to go lookin but a job i had local that didnt emerge caused this :(
    All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

Hello,i am wonderin if anybody here can help,i'm doin Acp in Ucd,and am lookin for harvest work in,preferably in the UK.I've scoured the internet all weekend and guess it's just a matter of waitin,but i spoze more places i apply the better.Just wonderin if anybody has/is doin something similar and if so could point me in the right direction. I hav driven most tractors goin and am fairly competent with them.I spent last harvest with a local farmerdrawin corn,i left it fairly late i know to go lookin but a job i had local that didnt emerge caused this :(
    All help appreciated

i had the smae idea a few weeks back of going uk for work .but then was told i had job at the silage .i have done one day at the silage so far and heard nothing form the contractor since wheather its a case he has too many lads workin or that he hasnt grass to cut yet i have been accepted in college in uk so am looking for farm/contractor over there for september n winter .i have put cv up on 4xtra hands but no luck and its up 3mts.where have u tryed so far ?

bk1991

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭GRASSorMUCK

bk1991 wrote: »
    i had the smae idea a few weeks back of going uk for work .but then was told i had job at the silage .i have done one day at the silage so far and heard nothing form the contractor since wheather its a case he has too many lads workin or that he hasnt grass to cut yet i have been accepted in college in uk so am looking for farm/contractor over there for september n winter .i have put cv up on 4xtra hands but no luck and its up 3mts.where have u tryed so far ?

bk1991
    4xtra hands,Gumtree,Fwi.co.uk.
    Seen a few no.'s in farmers weekly mag,thinkin of ring'em this evenin.
    Absolutely notin goin round round here,

4xtra hands,Gumtree,Fwi.co.uk.
    Seen a few no.'s in farmers weekly mag,thinkin of ring'em this evenin.
    Absolutely notin goin round round here,

o yea i put cv up on fwi aswell .dead right about here i rang 20 contractors and no hope and not fully convinced of the lad i am with .

o yea i put cv up on fwi aswell .dead right about here i rang 20 contractors and no hope and not fully convinced of the lad i am with .
    Ay,bit stook now,gettin on in time like,Poor us lol

Ay,bit stook now,gettin on in time like,Poor us lol

are u talking the grass or the arable crops ?

• Advertisement

are u talking the grass or the arable crops ?
    Arable i spoze,more of a future i nterest in that area!!:rolleyes:

Arable i spoze,more of a future i nterest in that area!!:rolleyes:

same here i am accepted into college to do ag engerringso hopefully get job to cover days of as college only 4days week + weekends

bk1991

found a large mixed farm in lincoln in uk does crops n cows .

pm me if ya want info .

Advertisement