Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order of results

Options
  • 31-05-2010 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭

Just going to bump this instead of starting a new thread...

I'm looking at the my class list of results, it's organised in degree classes, but within that, is it listed in order or just randomly? Is the first person listed in the 2.1 bracket the person who got the highest, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Hi I'd prefer if you started another thread, that one was (originally) 5 years old.
    Is the first person listed in the 2.1 bracket the person who got the highest, etc?
    As far as I know this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭gaeilgeboy

Yeah, I remember asking the head of my department in 1st year; you're right, it is ordered. Hence the "ex. aeq" after some names.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dabh

In theory, the classes I,II.1,II.2,III should be in order of merit. Fails, deferrals, etc. should be in student number order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Does anyone know how I go about getting a copy of my exam results with my name on it or something? Or would the list of everyones do for the County Council grant office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Jammyc wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I go about getting a copy of my exam results with my name on it or something? Or would the list of everyones do for the County Council grant office?

Transcript is probably what you're looking for - your department should be able to sort you out there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

When do results come out for everyone else? I'm assuming they've yet to be released for everyone and that Randomusername is in Medicine or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

andrew wrote: »
    When do results come out for everyone else? I'm assuming they've yet to be released for everyone and that Randomusername is in Medicine or something.
    Big list of when undergrad results are out on the examinations website.

https://www.tcd.ie/Examinations/Results/pubdates-ann10.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Jammyc wrote: »
    Big list of when undergrad results are out on the examinations website.

https://www.tcd.ie/Examinations/Results/pubdates-ann10.pdf

And i presume you can get them online right???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    And i presume you can get them online right???
    Supposedly they go up online shortly after they're available IRL. Supposedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

My transcript says "*awarded prize..." does that mean I actually won something or what happens?!:confused: I'm not too familiar with this college exam lark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

nicola09 wrote: »
    My transcript says "*awarded prize..." does that mean I actually won something or what happens?!:confused: I'm not too familiar with this college exam lark!
    That's exactly what it means. Could be a book token, cash, or some medal, depending on what the prize is. Does it give the prize a name? What course/year are you in?

It just says "awarded prize for first place in annual junior freshman examinations", I do law and political science it's a new course so I'm confused lol! Thanks for your reply!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Well done!
    All I can find is the "Tottel Publishing Law Prize", which is

"funded by Tottel Publishing Limited. It is awarded to the student placed first in the Junior Freshman honor examination in law in Trinity term of each year. The prizewinner is entitled to books to the value of €500.",

though I'm not sure if that applies to your course, since it's not pure law (unless you got the highest grade in the law modules?)

(this is from http://www.tcd.ie/calendar/assets/pdf/prizesawards.pdf)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Don't tell anyone, but Trinity traditionally gives its book prizes in vouchers usable in Hodges Figgis or Waterstones. If you go to Waterstones you can change your voucher from the college into regular Waterstones vouchers. If you then go to HMV (owned by the same company), you can spend your new Waterstones vouchers there. :)

snappieT wrote: »
    Well done!
    All I can find is the "Tottel Publishing Law Prize", which is

"funded by Tottel Publishing Limited. It is awarded to the student placed first in the Junior Freshman honor examination in law in Trinity term of each year. The prizewinner is entitled to books to the value of €500.",

though I'm not sure if that applies to your course, since it's not pure law (unless you got the highest grade in the law modules?)

(this is from http://www.tcd.ie/calendar/assets/pdf/prizesawards.pdf)

I doubt I had the highest in all my law modules so I don't know, guess I'll wait and see!:o They'd hardly tell me I was awarded a prize and then not give anything, that would just be mean!:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Don't tell anyone, but Trinity traditionally gives its book prizes in vouchers usable in Hodges Figgis or Waterstones. If you go to Waterstones you can change your voucher from the college into regular Waterstones vouchers. If you then go to HMV (owned by the same company), you can spend your new Waterstones vouchers there. :)

It used to be the case the Hodgis Figgis vouchers were also usable in HMV as far as I know. I know Waterstones have introduced a gift card, which may have replaced their gift vouchers entirely, so maybe check this out before cashing in your voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Question;

Results were published 2 weeks ago on the dept noticeboard and online, however I only know my overall result and have no breakdown of what i acutally got in each subject. do i have to go in the dept to get this, is it posted to me or do i not get it. Im doing history also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Raedwald wrote: »
    Question;

Results were published 2 weeks ago on the dept noticeboard and online, however I only know my overall result and have no breakdown of what i acutally got in each subject. do i have to go in the dept to get this, is it posted to me or do i not get it. Im doing history also.

History dept normally put the breakdown online - but they seem to have only 3rd and 4th yrs listed on the site at the moment. Would contact Judith in the office and ask about when it'll be going up for your year.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

What do the ECTS credits mean on the breakdown of the resluts paper ? Im studying social work and got them the other day and it had ECTS credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Its the european credit system that is used for all courses in europe...Each course is either worth 10 or 5 credits a degree is worth 240 ects altogether so 60 credits a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Raedwald wrote: »
    Its the european credit system that is used for all courses in europe...Each course is either worth 10 or 5 credits a degree is worth 240 ects altogether so 60 credits a year

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭oharach

nicola09 wrote: »
    I doubt I had the highest in all my law modules so I don't know, guess I'll wait and see!:o They'd hardly tell me I was awarded a prize and then not give anything, that would just be mean!:(

It's €250 for Law & German/French, so I presume it'll be the same for Law & Business/Political Science.

The €500 prize is for the top mark in the pure law course, not in the pure law modules.

Congrats.

Advertisement