Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP. Problem compressing AVI to MPEG DVD.

Options
  • 31-05-2010 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I'm by no means an editor but I've finished a project in Premiere Pro (2003 version (old :o))

I exported it as a movie through Premiere and it's saved it as a 32GB .avi file :eek:

I've since managed to convert this to MPEG DVD and it's compressed it to a 9.7GB MPEG file (it plays perfectly).

The Project in actual time length is 03hrs 01mins 12secs and I would like to fit it onto one DVD for general watching: Is this possible?

The [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"Direct Export to DVD" in the Premiere file menu does not work (it says it needs [/FONT]authenticating and I cant update).

Yes, I've used the magic that is Google and I've gone through hundreds of pages to no avail.

I have also used every type of compression programme and no results.

So it's down to the ever
    knowledgeable Boards.ie legends as to what I can do?

HELP

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Nero recode set the target size to a dual layer dvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 StayDown

mp22 wrote: »
    Nero recode set the target size to a dual layer dvd.

Do all standard DVD players play Dual Layer Discs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Nero's video suite has a fairly good DVD authoring tool that will transcode and resize video from most sources - you can nab a demo and see if that will work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

You will have burn to a dual layer (special burner needed) or reduce the bitrate you encoded mpeg file to. The quality will suffer however. Try a bitrate of 4k, you should fit 3 hours on one DVD on with that rate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

StayDown wrote: »
    Do all standard DVD players play Dual Layer Discs?
    Yes as far as i know, a lot of the rental dvd`s are on dual layer discs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement