Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No fetal pole visible at 6 weeks one day

Options
  • 31-05-2010 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Girls,

Could anybody offer some advice. I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. Over the weekend I started to cramp quite badly along with lower backache so I went for an early scan yesterday at 6 weeks one day. The sonographer was able to see the gestational sac which was measuring correctly and she could also see a yolk sac but she couldn't see a fetal pole. She told me not to worry, that it could have been too early but I can't help but worry now. For any of you that had an early scan, when were you able to see the fetal pole.

I am also worried that perhaps my body is trying to miscarry but can't because I am on progesterone support and I know from previous experience, that the progesterone support can keep a non-viable pregnancy going longer than it should.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Its very hard to know at this early stage. It could be that you are just a little earlier than you think and its too early to see yet. Even just a couple of days can make the difference between seeing the fetal pole and not. However, if your dates are correct then you should really be seeing the fetal pole at this stage, and usually the heartbeat too. The cramps could be normal. As things start to relax and stretch down there it can get a bit uncomfortable.

I assume you're to go back in a week for a follow up scan? It'll be a tough week for you but fingers crossed everything is ok

Advertisement