Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contraction pains

Options
  • 31-05-2010 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi ladies, I'm hopin for some info from the new mums here. Does the pain of contractions get worse as they go? Or is it just the frequency? I'm psycing myself up and trying to get as much info as possible !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They intensify if the are labour pains and not false labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 haze,

They peak & ease off but get progressively more intense & longer if they are true contractions. If it is a true contraction you really cannot continue to speak & may have to bend over or hold onto something while your contracting. They feel kinda like a really bad period pain that keeps coming & going. Get in the bath if you're going to hold on at home for a while before going into hosp- it really helps. It's not as bad as hollywood makes out lol!!

Advertisement