Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theoretically...Cut Silage with your jeep!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Like they say... just because you can do something doesn't mean you should..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

This is actually a fairly common sight and, in my opinion, a very good idea

Our contractor of the 80's and early 90's used to do the same and mount an engine on the drawbar of a Pottinger

The major advantage is that you can have a 100HP tractor on the harveter (ticking over) but with the output of a 200hp tractor. Very handy if you don't want to fork out for a big tractor which you would not use for the rest of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Yep, back in the days before self-propelled harvesters became more commonplace, this was quite a common modification.
    Many's the silage contractor put a big truck engine on the drawbar of a 'contractor' model trailed harvester.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

I'm sure the local Amish in Carlow might be interested to run it alongside this:

round_hay_baler.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

New one on me...
    If that came in our way it probably wouldn't get turned in the field:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

amish_harvest.jpg

Advertisement