Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues getting it up

Options
  • 30-05-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have had problems getting and maintaining an erection for some time now when with women. I have no physical problem as I know I can get an erection and maintain it but when it comes being with a woman, it just wont happen. I had one bad experience when I had drink taken and now it is on my mind anytime I'm with a woman. I am too afraid to get into a relationship as I'm ashamed of it happening again.

Has anyone gone through this before and how did you resolve it? I know drink does not help but I think the issue is all psychologial and I can only keep thinking of the failures.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mrbruno

Sounds like it's just a lack of confidence/nevousness. You had a bad experience once, try and just forget about it and move on to the next one. Most women will understand. Good luck dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Your right when you say drink doesn't help! Its nothing to be ashamed of though, any women would understand and I'm sure to her best to help ya out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

mrbruno wrote: »
    Sounds like it's just a lack of confidence/nevousness. You had a bad experience once, try and just forget about it and move on to the next one. Most women will understand. Good luck dude.
    alan1990 wrote: »
    Your right when you say drink doesn't help! Its nothing to be ashamed of though, any women would understand and I'm sure to her best to help ya out ;)

^^This is true. It would take some bitch to say something mean about it tbh.
    unreg79 wrote: »
    I have had problems getting and maintaining an erection for some time now when with women. I have no physical problem as I know I can get an erection and maintain it but when it comes being with a woman, it just wont happen. I had one bad experience when I had drink taken and now it is on my mind anytime I'm with a woman. I am too afraid to get into a relationship as I'm ashamed of it happening again.

Has anyone gone through this before and how did you resolve it? I know drink does not help but I think the issue is all psychologial and I can only keep thinking of the failures.

What happened to you isn't uncommon. I think women get a form of this too, but we have it easy in that we don't have to physically keep something up :) Alcohol can sort of de-sensitize you, whether you are male or female.

So quit worrying about it and get back on the saddle ;)

/saluts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

If you smoke quitting would help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

Its easier when your hungover for some reason! And better too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You are stressing. A glass of wine or two MIGHT help ease back on the stresses but any more then that and you'll risk being too drunk to ****.
    Spend more time on foreplay.
    Don't be afraid to close your eyes and fantasise while you are with her.
    Be a little more spontainious/adventorous and don't save yourself for the bedroom - the site of your anxioties. The car, the couch, the back garden - where ever you happen to be when the mood strikes (within reason naturally ;) )

Ryan! wrote: »
    Its easier when your hungover for some reason! And better too.

There may be a modicum of truth in this. Not the hangover aspect (:rolleyes:) but performing in the morning instead. Morning wood is your friend. As you are only half awake you are not as stressed and performance anxioty has yet to reach the waking parts of your brain. Let you libado take over and move in for a lazy sunday morning cuddle.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Testosterone levels will generally be higher in the morning as well, nothing beats having a good romp in the morning inspired by morning wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

It happens lots of guys. This time of year you can dehydrate so up your water in take.If you are dehydrated your bllod pressure will be low and low bloodflow means nothing to spare for the big guy.

Celery believe it or not is beneficial and that was in a paper recently.

If you are really nervous and all else fails go to your GP and ask for something and the might give you a prescription. Its fairly silly to go thru life in agony and nervous over what is probably a temporary thing that has bashed your confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

CDfm wrote: »

Celery believe it or not is beneficial and that was in a paper recently.

this is true there also a number of other things worth trying out

one are goji berrys, there really good, to they really do help blood flow in the body, there a chinese dride berry a lot like rasin very tastey to...

also ginsing can help and beleave it or not nettle teas is also goof for keepin a strong blood flow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

OldGoat wrote: »
    Not the hangover aspect (:rolleyes:)
    No need for the rolleyes. There hasn't been a huge amount of formal scientific research into the phenomenon, but google "hangover horniness" or similar and see the pages and pages of results that come up.

It certainly affects me. It's odd - you feel awful, but very horny at the same time...

I found the following possible explanation:
    http://www.altpenis.com/penis_news/partying_penis.shtml
    The paradox of the hangover hornies is that alcohol suppresses serum testosterone. Furthermore, the correlation is inversely proportional with the amount consumed. The higher your level of blood alcohol, the lower your level of serum testosterone. This is thought to derive from the fact that the testicles metabolize and break down alcohol in a manner similar to the liver. The enzymes involved in this metabolism are crucial to the production of testosterone and as these enzymes are diverted, less testosterone is produced. Over the long term, alcohol abuse can result in testicular atrophy and the attendant effects of hypogonadism (i.e. breast enlargement). In the short run, the effects are mostly manifest in impaired sexual function. Hence the Dead Kennedys song, Too Drunk to ****.

So, how is it that we want sex so badly after a night of heavy drinking? Well, to understand this we need to dip into the workings of the male endocrine system. Testosterone production is part of a negative feedback system (a self-correcting mechanism), centered in the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. In short, the hypothalamus produces a hormone that stimulates the pituitary gland to produce a second hormone called luteinizing hormone (LH), which travels in the bloodstream to stimulate production of yet a third hormone, testosterone. When testosterone levels are low, receptors in the brain and pituitary gland signal these organs to secrete more testosterone stimulating hormones. By the time you wake up on Sunday morning, this corrective mechanism is in full flight.

Because LH is thought to play a role in sexual arousal in itself, its excess explains at least in part your overriding horniness when you awake. It also explains why in spite of this intense desire, you sometimes can't get a full erection - serum testosterone is not yet up to normal levels. It's a passing phenomenon and by midday you'll have less LH circulating and less overt desire. You'll likely be able to achieve a full erection but chances are you won't want to because you'll feel like crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

So what you are saying HD is if its drink related its just an embarressing hazard of drinking too much and you should suck it up.Its your own fault -drink less in future.

As Shakespeare wrote in Macbeth
    Macbeth
    Act 2, Scene 3

Porter

'Faith sir, we were carousing till the
    second cock: and drink, sir, is a great
    provoker of three things.

MACDUFF

What three things does drink especially provoke?

Porter

?Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and
    urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes;
    it provokes the desire, but it takes
    away the performance: therefore, much drink
    may be said to be an equivocator with lechery:
    it makes him, and it mars him; it sets
    him on, and it takes him off; it persuades him,
    and disheartens him; makes him stand to, and
    not stand to; in conclusion, equivocates him
    in a sleep, and, giving him the lie, leaves him.?

Isnt it also true though that the healthyness of a mans organ in the scheme of things is related to his general health and could indicate other problems like low blood pressure or whatever.

I could just imagine that coming up when getting a check-up " Well CD , how is your performance in the sack" while checking my blood pressure * mumbles something* Doctor nods "Good, good".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Sebastien De Valmont

Stop making such a big deal of sex.

When you know you can attract women and bed them whenever you like your erection problems will be history.

When you put pressure on yourself to get a woman, you are going to wind up torpedoeing your chances every time and on the rare occasion you do get into bed, you wont be able to perform.

This is how it works.

1) Less pressure, less stress, more attraction, more women, more sex, better performance.

2) Pressure, stress, frustration, less women, crap sex and crap performance.

Advertisement