Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring your own drink?!!!

Options
  • 30-05-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi there! Any help with this would be appreciated!!

So we are having a big 50th party at home in a few weeks and i am just looking for some advise pretty please!

We are having a BBQ in the back garden, big marquee with a DJ booked til 2 in the morn, about 150 guests! All the food is bought and in the freezer and all decorations and everything else is nearly bought!

So the thing is, although we have aleady bought a lot of drink we are worried we will not have near enough so i have suggested telling people to bring their own (by putting it on the invitations), however my mother does not agree.... so the question is should we or should we not put this on the invitations??!!! She thinks it's rude and that people will bring some anyways whereas i think it's a load o men who are big drinkers and who will have everything drank within 2 hours!!

And if people agree with me can they please suggest a way to word it as i can't!! The invitations are very funny so something cheeky and funny would fit in well!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

I wouldn't put it on the invitations, most people will tend to bring something anyway.

I don't personally I would like to recieve an invite telling me to bring my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

I had a 50th in the house last month and everyone brought something with them even though they were not asked. We had bought gallons of drink and along with the gifts that people brought we had plenty. We did run out of mixers on the night so a word of warning there. People were very generous, they brought beer, wine, champagne.........
    I would not put it on the invitations.
    Enjoy the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I would spread the "bring your own drink" thing by word of mouth. Say it to a few people, who can then say it to more people!

Advertisement