Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays car boot find

Options
  • 30-05-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I passed by two Arabian match lock muskets, c1750 and a pair of ww2 Irish Army medals as dosh is a bit tight until I came across this;-

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/clondaleek/?action=view&current=Belt.jpg

Its the first time I have seen anything like this for sale at a car boot.
    I paid a pretty penny for it but it will look great with the Tipperary Flying Column re-enactment gear.
    Happy chappie.
    Regards.
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Nice find Tom,can't imagine too many of these to be picked up these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Is that an actual war of Independence era one ? If so that's a fantastic find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Yes it is. I am familiar with the copies so knew what this was. Happy chappie.
    Regards.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mylesie

enfield wrote: »
    I passed by two Arabian match lock muskets, c1750 and a pair of ww2 Irish Army medals as dosh is a bit tight until I came across this;-

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/clondaleek/?action=view&current=Belt.jpg

Its the first time I have seen anything like this for sale at a car boot.
    I paid a pretty penny for it but it will look great with the Tipperary Flying Column re-enactment gear.
    Happy chappie.
    Regards.
    Tom.
    Well done, if your ever putting it up for auction let us know. Have two original medals for a Tipp Flyer. cheers

Belt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mylesie

Sorry wrong picture will follow with right one

GRANDADSMEDALS2.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement