Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exhaustion

Options
  • 30-05-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I felt for a long time something was not right and i went to my doctor two months ago who dianosed exhaustion. Pretty much due to taking on to much, working long hours, never making time for myself and other stresses. my doctor was a great help. he signed me off work for two weeks but i only took 1 week off because i started to feel better. during this week i moved into a 1 bed apartment where there are no distractions - no tv, no computer. after work i actually go to bed on time now and sleep better and find it easy to get up in the mornings. tiredness levels improved greatly. however i find all it takes is something small to be back at square one feeling tired all day like last week i had a cold, also period week and im tired again. i take time off for myself at weekends to do what i want to do and to relax. like i got a sudden urge to play with lego and i bought a box. felt great playing with lego. (note:i am an adult). i dont drink. so i dont know why i still feel so tired sometimes. any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Strange, isn't it? These things can build-up over time and then you feel stuck in that cycle of feeling good and then exhausted. After a very long and stressful few years, I feel weary and exhausted, despite being just 27. Physically, our bodies aren't as energetic as they were when we were teenagers, but this still shouldn't mean that we end up feeling exhausted evey now and then. If we get the balance right, then things should be on average very good for us.

To me, it seems as if you place too much emphasis on your 'setbacks'. They will happen - and you have to accept that from now n - but overall I'm sure you have noticed a vast improvement. For that alone, you must be very proud of yourself.

Kevin

Advertisement