Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere that reports dead animals?

Options
  • 30-05-2010 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Is there any website for all the councils where they report dead animals that have been picked up on roads? Or do you have to ring all the councils separately to check if your missing pet has been run over?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Firstly, if you are asking because you have lost your pet then you have my sympathy. I'm afraid, as far as I know, what you are looking for does not exist. I know certainly in rural areas a dead animal on the road would be very unlikely to be reported to the council. I see dead cats on the road regularly and they are not removed by the council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Thank you, Srameen - friends of mine have lost their puppy, Packie, in Inchicore. http://twitpic.com/1s7dx4

I'm asking, really, because a few times in similar situations a call to the local council has resulted in the sad news that a similar dog (or more usually cat) was removed from the road.

But time passes and customs change; perhaps the councils no longer see this as a duty of care.

Advertisement