Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

browser problem

Options
  • 30-05-2010 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Right, so someone had a hidden link on a forum, i got rickrolled. problem is, i used the ctrl alt delete, and now every time i restart firefox this page opens back up, because i have it to open my last pages before i closed it, how can i fix this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

start firefox in it's safemode

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode

# In Windows, click Start, open the All Programs list, and navigate to the Mozilla Firefox folder. In the Mozilla Firefox folder, select Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).Hold down the option key, as you start Firefox.Go to your Terminal and run:

firefox -safe-mode

You may need to specify the Firefox installation path (e.g. /usr/lib/firefox-3.5). Firefox should start up with a Firefox Safe Mode dialog.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by clicking Start, selecting Run (or use the Start Search box in Windows 7 and Vista) and then entering the following in the text field:

firefox -safe-mode

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

I tried safe mode, still opened with it.
    so I reinstalled, but kept my bookmarks etc installed, when i opened it same again. so i had to start from scratch. luckily enough I have firefox portable on my flash stick, so I just completely started again with the installed version, and backed up my bookmarks from my portable version. Only had to get my add ons again. Problem solved but it was a pain to do!

Or disconnect from the internet, fire it up and change your homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

Or disconnect from the internet, fire it up and change your homepage
    so simple and it would have worked :(

• Advertisement

yeah I hate it when you've figured out a way to solve a complex problem and you're feeling proud of your self and someone asks "why didn't you just do x ?"

bit like that poor bastard on Dragons Den with the non drip 5L car oil container that didn't go glug glug, spent ages and £'s developing it and one of the Dragons just got up and turned the old container sideways and showed that's all you needed to do to stop them going without going glug glug

hindsight is usually 20:20

Advertisement