Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Live on IPhone?

Options
  • 30-05-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Does anybody know a way of watching the world cup broadcasts from BBC/ITV live on the IPhone? All the options I have seen seem to be restricted to those in the UK.

I'm aware that the BBC Sports App is delayed indefinitely. Any ideas welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Sorbet wrote: »
    Does anybody know a way of watching the world cup broadcasts from BBC/ITV live on the IPhone? All the options I have seen seem to be restricted to those in the UK.

I'm aware that the BBC Sports App is delayed indefinitely. Any ideas welcome!

Look up
    ukivpn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Tvuplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Justin.tv should have a stream.... they've updated their app too so its pretty handy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Tvuplayer
    dmcg90 wrote: »
    Justin.tv should have a stream.... they've updated their app too so its pretty handy now.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

dmcg,

What version are you using ?..I have mine a while ..it fell into my phone;) , just wanna make sure i have the most uptodate .

M.

EDIT :...forget it ..Got It !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Look up
    ukivpn.com

Signed up for a month there. How do I set it up. I haven't received any email yet. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

ant043 wrote: »
    Signed up for a month there. How do I set it up. I haven't received any email yet. Thanks

Alternatively try http://www.irishtelevision.info . They have uk proxies amongst others.

I have it working on o2 3G. Here are the steps I used:

-Open itunes
    -logout of your itunes account.
    -goto the uk itunes store.
    -select no payment method.
    -Download the app.
    -Signup for a vpn account such as overplay.net
    -Add the UK vpn settings to your iphone vpn settings.
    -Turn on the uk vpn on your iphone.
    -Run the app and watch the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

DannyD wrote: »
    I have it working on o2 3G. Here are the steps I used:

-Open itunes
    -logout of your itunes account.
    -goto the uk itunes store.
    -select no payment method.
    -Download the app.
    -Signup for a vpn account such as overplay.net
    -Add the UK vpn settings to your iphone vpn settings.
    -Turn on the uk vpn on your iphone.
    -Run the app and watch the matches.

I have a similar setup. An account with ukivpn. I just turn on VPN and then browse to http://iphone.tvcatchup.com. It's free to register an account with them and they have all the BBC's and ITV's available so you'll be able to stream the games. Stream quality is very good. You can add their website as a bookmark on the home screen. The same is possible by browsing to bbc iplayer. No apps required for either of these.

jester77 wrote: »
    I have a similar setup. An account with ukivpn. I just turn on VPN and then browse to http://iphone.tvcatchup.com. It's free to register an account with them and they have all the BBC's and ITV's available so you'll be able to stream the games. Stream quality is very good. You can add their website as a bookmark on the home screen. The same is possible by browsing to bbc iplayer. No apps required for either of these.

wow didn't know that option. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

ant043 wrote: »

Well ant043, how did you get on with your 1 month subscription? Did you get set up?

I was looking on their site, i don't see how to cancel the sub after 1 month, did you get anything about that in your email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Slingbox

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Sorry ant. Only saw this now. Did you get sorted?
    You can cancel if you paid by paypal by going into your account and go in to subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im currently getting 6 live feeds for the first world cup match through justin tv

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any in English, Krieg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Not sure, I'm at work and coulnt use sound. They weren't fantastic either. The main one I joined had 6000 viewers and after 15 mins that grew to 9000 resulting in the channel crashing. Same thing happened with the second one I joined

Edit: Couldnt get any stream for the Uruguay v France game. Gonna need another app

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

jester77 wrote: »
    I have a similar setup. An account with ukivpn

Can you pay monthly or is an annual, one lump sum? Its just advertising as £50 a year...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fc11

Danny,are you able to select no payment method for iTunes???I can't see it there??

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

fc11 wrote: »
    Danny,are you able to select no payment method for iTunes???I can't see it there??

Nor Me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

There are a good few streams for the match on now. Over 3g it's not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

ando wrote: »
    Can you pay monthly or is an annual, one lump sum? Its just advertising as £50 a year...?

You can do both. I went with an annual non-recurrring amount, cost €75, but that included Irish and US proxies as well as the UK proxy, prob get it cheaper if you just want a UK proxy.

Advertisement