Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about clearblue with conception indicator..

Options
  • 29-05-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi girls,

Just a question about the clearblue digital tests with conception indicators.

I took one on Monday, got pregnant 1-2.....couldn't believe it, was shocked but delighted.

So took another one on Thursday, got pregnant 2-3....

As I have suffered miscarriages before decided to take another one today and got pregnant 3+

Should the indicator being going up so quickly? I thought that it would only go up maybe once a week or something.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

They work by detecting levels of HCG in your urine. Sounds like your levels are going up nicely which could be a very ealy indication of a healthy pregnancy.

Congratulations and Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

thanks for the reply :D

I was just a little taken aback by how quickly they were going up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think those tests work approximately from the date of conception and not from the date of your last period, so even tho it os saying that you are 3 weeks, you are probably closer to 5 or 6

That's why I was finding it so confusing, by my workings I am only 4 weeks and 5 days today......

I didn't think it would jump to 3+ until next week.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

lalala... high levels of HCG.... maybe twins???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

disco girl,perhaps the 1-2 was not first morning urine? Levels of HCG are much higher in the morning. Or maybe your urine was less diluted later...

Anyway sounds likea very healthy pregnancy,congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I did two tests yesterday as I suspected I might be pregnant.

First one, in the morning though not first pee of the day, said 3+ weeks. According to the blurb on the box this meant 5 weeks + which I thought was mathematically and physically impossible. The next one I did later in the day said 2-3 weeks which seems about right as I'm about 4 weeks 2 days.

Nerve wrecking time ahead now for the the next 8 weeks :(

Congrats How Strange :D

I didn't use the first pee on any of the ones I took, didn't think it would make that much of a difference.....they all went up anyway, thankfully :D

I have an early scan next Friday.....can't wait until then....

So when are you due??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Thanks disco girl, you too :D

I'm still in a bit of shock as it all happened so quickly. I'm mid 30's so had myself prepared for a long journey of ttcing.

I think my due date is around 2nd Feb 11.

I have to make an appointment to see a doctor this week and will then get an early scan done at 8 weeks just to reassure myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I also have a history of multiple miscarriages as well as other health problems - with me the test showed positive at night but not in the morning until I was just shy of 4 weeks (2 weeks after conception) - do not want to tell you how many of those digital tests that I used but it was lots...we have a wonderful 8 week 2 day old boy now. If you have had multiple miscarriages then you are best going to your gp and then ask to be referred to a maternity hospital in case there is anything that they can do to help you maintain the pregnancy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I also have a history of multiple miscarriages as well as other health problems - with me the test showed positive at night but not in the morning until I was just shy of 4 weeks (2 weeks after conception) - do not want to tell you how many of those digital tests that I used but it was lots...we have a wonderful 8 week 2 day old boy now. If you have had multiple miscarriages then you are best going to your gp and then ask to be referred to a maternity hospital in case there is anything that they can do to help you maintain the pregnancy.

Congrats on your baby boy CathyMoran! That's strange that you showed positive at night but negative in morning?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

mariaf24 wrote: »
    Congrats on your baby boy CathyMoran! That's strange that you showed positive at night but negative in morning?
    I was testing early (3 weeks 4 days), at 4 weeks it showed positive day and night - I still needed help with the pregnancy when it was confirmed but he is here. My local pharmacist looked into it for me but in the end I trusted my gut instinct and sought immediate help...maybe I am overly cautious but the result is worth it.

Advertisement