Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy sisters

Options
  • 29-05-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I swear I am traumatised...I usually go about things arse ways - I am book smart but not very socially smart. I get very upset emotionally and usually have to let it out i.e. let people know whats bothering me - usually in a talking kind of way - but if forced I will shout.

I have 2 sisters who are very very stong minded/willed. We fell out about a year and half ago (me vs them scenario) and we didnt have contact for almost a year. I went through personal hell that year, trying to understand what had happened. I faced my own fears that I would never have a relationship with them again - it took me several months to get my head around it. One day about a year ago, one of my sisters walked in apologised - said the "we all said things we did mean etc etc". The other sister we only started talking about 2 months ago.

Anyways, my whole life my sisters have literally bullied me - I feel useless around them. In every other aspect of my life I feel confident, but with them I am mush. They never have anything positive to say to me/about me. I feel so under their control, almost trying to make them happy so they accept me. Never happens though.

My brother has a girlfriend, and they get on with her soo well. I am in a way envious of the relationship they have with her and not their own sister. It hurts so bad.

Anyways, last night I went to the cine with them and it ended in a row. With me being called over emotional - I should get out more - I should get out of my box that I live in - that I am driving them crazy.

I got up this morning and felt I hadnt said my piece so walked to one sisters house - I wasnt shouting or anything - trying to explain what is wrong but she doesnt want to listen and starts roaring at a me like a crazy woman. I stay calm and ask her to calm down. I then quickly finish my coffee and go. I am apparently pushing her to the edge.

I dont know what to think or what to do. I am not a bad person. I think I am back to where I was when I found peace with not hanging with them anymore. I cant stress how hard it was, but I felt more confident. I dont know what to say - can anyone make sense of me? My head it all over the place and still reeling.

The last time we fell out it nearly killed my mother - she took it very hard. I thought lessons had been learned, but obviously not. Can anyone please provide some advice? Thanks for reading such a long and probably no sense post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

It is incredibly difficult being the 3rd sister......
    I too have had difficulties with my sisters in the past when we have fallen out. It does feel like a ganging up situation at times but I have learnt not to get involved with any "fights" with them.

I always back down as I realised quickly that they won't back down and don't!!!
    I prefer the easy life and in order to avoid a permanent split in the family I have in the past bitten my tongue and turned the other cheek...

Don't get me wrong, I love them and whatever we would be arguing about is usually trivial!!! I realise that it would cause more hassle in the longterm to pursue an argument which isn't worth pursuing really.

I would be the "madder one" of my sisters, always up for a good night out and generally louder than they would be. We are 3 very different personalities and just have to try gel as best as we can!!!

I suppose in your situation all you can do is agree to disagree with them and ask that they would be able to leave it at that.....I know this can be difficult to achieve especially if like me you have one of the sisters who always insists that any disagreement must be resolved (as long as she gets to be right):rolleyes:

Advertisement