Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cougers what a horrible word yuck!

Options
  • 29-05-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Whats going on with this new brand couger? Because a woman is going out with a younger guy she gets called this horrible name!Yet many older men have been going out with girls that are young as their daughters (which i think is digusting either way) and society seems to accept this but not for an older woman!I find woman as they get older get an awful time from society they are pigeon holed into something they should be and don't seem to be allowed to be free to live how they feel without being labelled.I know I sound like a real feminist here I am a girly girl but I'm also very fair and if it was happening to men I would feel the same.plus it seems girls get labelled old after the age of 30!whats up with that! so basically girls in there 20's have a very short shelf life of being called young and should have the husband the kids all by 30 because society expects them to have this leaving many woman feeling like washed up and failures,i am settled but I'm also a free spirit and believe people should'nt have this pressure because of their age to settle which deep down woman do because of society.Society is so unfair for woman.would you agree??

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid PI isn't really the place for discussions about women in society. You could perhaps try The Ladies Lounge or the Humanities forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement