Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Tattoo

Options
  • 28-05-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey,

I have decided to get my first tattoo and I have designed it myself but don't know where to get it done. So thats the best place in Waterford to get it done, I want good quality for a good price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Got one done by Soydan and am planning another one from him, he is very good.
    He owns Yakuza tattoos up over Pure in town.

Got a couple done by John Fla aswell,
    He works from home and would be a bit cheaper.
    Pm me if you want his no.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

JMDs. Not the cheapest but for something that you will have for the rest of your life worth every penny. A tattoo is not something to be saving money on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

you should defo go to swineline sammy down there is excellent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

I've used Neal in Swinline a couple of times, have heard nothing but good things about JMD's design work, wouldn't use the place myself, has a bit of a getting off on the wrong foot with his wife who was doing front of house duties when I was getting my first tattoo. Said I'd never darken the door after her attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

have used JMD's
    best in town and has won a lot of awards internationally as well has joe....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Junior wrote: »
    Wouldn't use the place myself, has a bit of a getting off on the wrong foot with his wife who was doing front of house duties when I was getting my first tattoo. Said I'd never darken the door after her attitude.

You're not the first person I've met who's said that exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

Hey,

I have decided to get my first tattoo and I have designed it myself but don't know where to get it done. So thats the best place in Waterford to get it done, I want good quality for a good price.

why waste your money on this very silly art form, this is a mark for life.ugh and life is about getting old and sagging. fading tattoos.Do not do this, it is some thing your will in time regret.

Be brave and do not follow all the rest of the Marked sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

1971 wrote: »
    why waste your money on this very silly art form, this is a mark for life.ugh and life is about getting old and sagging. fading tattoos.Do not do this, it is some thing your will in time regret.

yeah listen to the person on the internet and do as ur told!!!!!!! dont do what u want to do and follow ur own heart! because a person that knows nothing about you is tell u that u will regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I've had all of my tattoo's done down in JMDs and they are definately worth the money, but I've seen work from Swinline and it looks great. I think the OP should go into the various places in town to get a feel for the studio's & the tattooers, also to get an idea of what each place is going to charge you. You'll probably know with in seconds of talking to the guys in these places if you like they're work or even if you want to get a tattoo.

Good Luck with your choice. A tattoo is for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

"The only difference between tattooed people and people without tattoos Is tattooed people dont care if you have tattoos or not".

I do agree with the sentiment about not following the herd though. Get something that means something or that YOU like. Not the latest trend that some celeb or footballer has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Get yourself down to JMD's. Joe Myler is possibly the best in the country.
    Ask in the t&p forum too for some other opinions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=358

yeah listen to the person on the internet and do as ur told!!!!!!! dont do what u want to do and follow ur own heart! because a person that knows nothing about you is tell u that u will regret it!

===========================================================

well a forum is a place where opinions are discussed,this is my opinion of tattoos

the difference is the tattoo

why would your want to do such a silly thing, and to make thing worse pay a guy/lass to do this act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Canis_Lupus

I have three now all from Dan in Yakuza. I'm very happy and would recommend him. Mine are all in grayscale.

The best thing you can do is pop in too all the local artists and take a look at their work. Make up your own mind as all establishments appear highly recommended.

Try pick the artist whose strengths suit your tattoo style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

well a forum is a place where opinions are discussed,this is my opinion of tattoos

Your opinion of tattoo's wasn't asked for. The question the OP asked was where to get the best one, not whether or not to get one at all.

Soydan is pretty damn good, have seen some of his tattoo's and he's very talented. Haven't had one done by him but would reccomend him on what I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

the person asked for a opinion on where to get there tattoo done not what people think of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭freethepenguins

I'm sorry bud but u don't get what tattoo's are about and to every one else thanks for all the places.Going to go to a few this week and c about the money side

Your opinion of tattoo's wasn't asked for. The question the OP asked was where to get the best one, not whether or not to get one at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Yes you are right!!,but the best advice on where to get a tattoo is, not to get the tattoo at all.

Get a life!
    He asked for advice on a tattooist, not for advice on whether or not he should get one.
    He's already decided that

My advice would be don't rush and go with the 1st place you see.
    Call into a few of them, show them your design, look at their previous work, then make up your mind

Get a life!
    He asked for advice on a tattooist, not for advice on whether or not he should get one.
    He's already decided that

My advice would be don't rush and go with the 1st place you see.
    Call into a few of them, show them your design, look at their previous work, then make up your mind

thats what I'm planning to do bud,cheers :D

• Advertisement

Get a life!

???????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Get a life!

???????
    replying to threads to stir ****/spam them.
    He never asked for your opinion on tattoos

replying to threads to stir ****/spam them.
    He never asked for your opinion on tattoos

So to give a honest opinion when you do not agree with it , is called Stir***/spam

It is true he never asked for they opinion that i gave freely, but to be honest sometimes "To say nothing on a subject that one find wrong, is in my humble opinion also wrong ".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I have work done by Joe in JMD's and would deffo recommend.. Failing that i would deffo go with Neil down in swineline.. his work is so tidy and he is very professional!!! you need that when it comes to putting something on your body for the rest of your life..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I got my 1st one down in JMDs and cant really complain.It was very simple but they didnt put a foot wrong with the design or colouring(well just black).
    I got my other in Yakuza off Dan and I couldnt recommend him highly enough.Done excellent work with lots of little details and added in extra shading(after asking obviously) which made it look even better.
    I dont have any with actual colours though so I cant give any recommendations when it comes to this if needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 slainte1

Dancor believes that "Joe Myler is possibly the best in the country."
    That may very well be true........but not as a tattoo artist. I certainly wouldn't expose skin to Joe Myler. Tread carefully.

I got my 1st one down in JMDs and cant really complain.It was very simple but they didnt put a foot wrong with the design or colouring(well just black).
    I got my other in Yakuza off Dan and I couldnt recommend him highly enough.Done excellent work with lots of little details and added in extra shading(after asking obviously) which made it look even better.
    I dont have any with actual colours though so I cant give any recommendations when it comes to this if needed

there isn't going to be any colour in mine but alot of different shades, so thats really helpful.Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

for some really good work id highly recommend going down to swineline. really good artists and they give ya good value for your moneys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Have to agree with ya on Dan,
    My one originally had no colour or shading, just straight lines through a mowri design but he added in extra shading which made it much better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement