Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biz Networking Groups

Options
  • 28-05-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

I'm looking to broaden my contacts and get networking. There are quite a few networking groups out there and some are quite costly and their event calendars don't seem very strong for the membership fee commanded. Can anyone recommend business networking groups in Dublin that are useful and good value for money? I'm in my late 20's so I'd be interested in a group with a diverse age profile in terms of members, interesting events to attend and networking opportunities. I don't want much eh!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

I would suggest you go visit as many networking groups as possible to get a flavour for them all, then you can make a decision which suits you best. Not all networking is the same as you know and not all groups will be suited to you, and vice versa. Would be delighted to bring you along to one I attend if suits, pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Driven4aLivin

Thanks MB74...I've looking in to them all. It's hard to tell which are good or not. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who's been to any recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LauraOrlagh

Im in my twenties aswell so I understand the want of a diverse age group but I think it's also important to decide whether you want these strictly formal networking events (eg. BNI breakfast meetings and fee for membership) or maybe something a little more casual yet structured (eg. Open Coffee mornings usually held once a month where all you pay for is your coffee and get to meet several business people in the area). While I cant specifically guide you regarding networking groups in Dublin as I'm in Limerick, I would tell you that I've found the Open Coffee Mornings very beneficial and also events held by large bodies such as the SFA or your local chamber of commerce.

Hi Laura,

Something casual would suit me well as I think it's often easier to mingle at casual events. Do you have a link to any of these coffee mornings you mention?

Sorry Laura...what I mean by that is do you have to be a member of the Chamber of Commerce?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Can we ask what it is you do, we all might be able to help you a little more if we knew exactly what it is you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LauraOrlagh

Hi Laura,

Something casual would suit me well as I think it's often easier to mingle at casual events. Do you have a link to any of these coffee mornings you mention?

I've a link here for an Open Coffee group in Dublin http://www.opencoffeedublin.com/ Obviously I don't attend the one in Dublin so I don't know anyone there but it's a fairly casual event and no the Open Coffee Club has nothing to do with the Chambers of Commerce;
    The Chambers of Commerce sometimes run trade fairs or shows which are open to members for free and non-members at a charge of about €20/€30 so it's worth keeping an eye out for upcoming events on their website too.
    Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 romm

I am in my twenties as well and recently joined a group called 'European Young Proffesionals, Dublin'. It is great! If anyone would like more info, please PM me.
    Laura, the morning coffee meetings sound really great! Would love to join them but the full time job keeps me busy in the mornings... :)

Romm

Advertisement