Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scenes from Terry Pratchett's "Wyrd Sisters"

Options
  • 28-05-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've become involved in a production of two scenes from Terry Pratchett's "Wyrd Sisters", which'll be part of the Trinity Shakespeare Festival. However, the director's currently tearing out his hair as we need girls for the cast - namely, girls to play Magrat Garlick, Nanny Ogg, and Granny Mistress Weatherwax.

So if you are or know a girl who'd be interested in auditioning, let me know please! You can get in touch by PM or to kenneals@tcd.ie, and I'll forward you to the director.

Cheers,

Stephen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oooh fancy that :)

Have you tried posting in the theatre/preformimg arts forum?
    Or alerting the no drama ladies?

hmm a chance to play Gytha, not sure I could let that pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I'm being careful, as I'm not the director. I have his blessing to spread the word to people or groups I'm aware of, but I don't want to step over the boundaries of his role too much.

Got your PM, and forwarded the email address to him. Hope to see you there - beats his original plan of putting me in drag to play Gytha. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I'm being careful, as I'm not the director. I have his blessing to spread the word to people or groups I'm aware of, but I don't want to step over the boundaries of his role too much.

I will mention it to the no dramaz people I know.
    Got your PM, and forwarded the email address to him. Hope to see you there - beats his original plan of putting me in drag to play Gytha. :D

While I think I may have slightly better cleavage the notion of you Daming Gytha is an amusing one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

No offense Thaed but when I saw this thread and that they were looking for Gyatha I did think of Pm'ing you a link to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Just thought I'd let ye know that the performances are on Monday and Tuesday this week.

Monday: 2.00pm - 2.20pm
    Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett - Scene 14
    Performers: Students of Trinity College
    Tagline: Pratchett’s play takes Shakespearean text and adds a modern
    comic twist. This scene references A Midsummer Night’s Dream and sees
    the three witches attempt to convince The Fool not to help an evil king.

Tuesday: 2.00pm - 2.20pm
    The Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett, Scene 7
    Performers: DU Players
    Tagline: Parodying the tragedy of Macbeth, this scene focuses on the
    three witches at heart of the play and how they pass the time when not being visited by Scottish royalty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement