Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamptons Limerick

Options
  • 28-05-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a voucher (left over from Christmas) for the above establishment. I would like to drop in tomorrow with my wife and check out the early burd menu. I have a few questions regarding this and hope that someone on the board can help me out.

1. Can you please advise the timeframe during which the early bird exists.

2. Would i need to book a table and would i have any chance of getting a table for tomorrow evening.

3. Any recommendations what to select from said menu.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I think they're an Estate Agents......

- Bring Sandwiches, prepare for a big disappointment and get a good Book 'cause the Missus isn't going to want to chat for a while.

top.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Raiser wrote: »
    I think they're an Estate Agents......

- Bring Sandwiches, prepare for a big disappointment and get a good Book 'cause the Missus isn't going to want to chat for a while.

top.jpg

http://www.hamptonsgrill.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm waiting for the day a Limerick restaurant announces an "Early Beure" menu :D

1. Can you please advise the timeframe during which the early bird exists.

- Ring 061 609325, ask them what time the Early Brid starts and ends - I can't think of any reason why they would lie to you!

2. Would i need to book a table and would i have any chance of getting a table for tomorrow evening.

- Ring 061 609325, ask them to reserve Table for ye, if this is a problem its best to know now anyway.....

3. Any recommendations what to select from said menu.

- There was a Hamptons thread here - Is dated but I know some of the Menu items are still there - I had the Bang Bang Chicken as recommended on there and it was only just Meh!

krudler wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the day a Limerick restaurant announces an "Early Beure" menu :D

Only in Cork dude.

They do an early feen menu also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I saw outside luigi malones the other night "Late Bird"- I did laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Get the pork fillet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

They do the BEST mashed potatoes.

I had Satay Chicken Skewers to start followed but the rotissarie chicken and some caramel square for desert.

First two courses were top notch but the desert was a major let down.

Melion wrote: »
    Get the pork fillet!!!
    I had Satay Chicken Skewers to start followed but the rotissarie chicken

There's no 'I' in Team City Boy - would it have killed ya to have had the Pork?

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nice place though, although whats with the fcukin TINY desserts? note to management, i didnt make room for 1 stingy scoop of icecream! 3 scoops minimum, mint, strawberry and chocolate, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I was very disappointed with Hampton's the last time I was in there.
    The food was pretty cold & the steak was very dry.
    My b/f stated as such to the waitress so she kindly brought us some sauce....but this was added to our bill which I thought was a bit cheeky.

Raiser wrote: »
    There's no 'I' in Team City Boy - would it have killed ya to have had the Pork?

:(

I'm a jew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I'm a jew.

I thought we ran all of you out of here in 1904 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i ordered the green curry [i think... or was it red?!] and it was delicious. and i thought the complimentary sparking water was a nice touch, i havn't seen that in other restaurants [but then maybe im just riff raff..].

also, who ever mentioned the teeny tiny desserts, AMEN SISTER. i know desserts in fancy restuarants often are quite small, so i was expecting small, but when the server brought it out i actually laughed! thought i was being Punk'd and i was all like "okay Ashton, you can come out now and give me the rest of my dessert!" and then i remembered i am a nobody, and that my berry cheesecake really was a cube not much larger than a dice.

die. whatever.
    was still delicious though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

If you are looking for a nice relaxing Sunday lunch, this is not the place to go. We were seated near the serving hatch (5 adults) and the noise from the chefs shouting was hard to take, it was so loud we could not make out the background music and had problems hearing the wautress. . The serving staff are pleasant, but are very rushed ( I think I counted 12 of them). Food is only ok, two of our party had chicken satay skewers and in both case was very overcooked, and not eaten, but we were still charged for them. IMO the whole operation seems too big, too many customers and to many staff milling about, like a big food factory, way too much noise!! Dining out is supposed to be a nice experience, but we could not wait to finish meal and get out. Dont think I will be back. If I was the manager (the guy in the suit who helped clear our table) I would be really interested to know why there are half eaten main course loft on plates.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    If you are looking for a nice relaxing Sunday lunch, this is not the place to go. We were seated near the serving hatch (5 adults) and the noise from the chefs shouting was hard to take, it was so loud we could not make out the background music and had problems hearing the wautress. . The serving staff are pleasant, but are very rushed ( I think I counted 12 of them). Food is only ok, two of our party had chicken satay skewers and in both case was very overcooked, and not eaten, but we were still charged for them. IMO the whole operation seems too big, too many customers and to many staff milling about, like a big food factory, way too much noise!! Dining out is supposed to be a nice experience, but we could not wait to finish meal and get out. Dont think I will be back. If I was the manager (the guy in the suit who helped clear our table) I would be really interested to know why there are half eaten main course loft on plates.....

Going by what I have seen from one of the managers, I doubt what customers think matters a damn.

Was in there a few weeks back and I overheard one of the most ignorant sounding and bullying managers I have seen in a long time. Came across to me as the type that likes to pick on younger members of staff in a very incorrect manner and happy to do so in front of customers.

Probably the type of nomark that thinks he looks like a "real" manager by doing so but who is really just losing business for the place with his lack of knowledge and people skills. I had been considering the place for a staff night out in Limerick for my Galway and Cork branches but after seeing the standard of "management" in that place and how they treat young staff I made sure to take my business elsewhere and have advised a few others organising events to avoid the place as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

...my 2c for what its worth..

I couldn't disagree more, I eat here quite a lot with work and socially.

Food is top notch, I could honestly say I've never had a bad meal here,the desserts aren't great but I don't eat dessert. ...
    I've had a cheese plate on a few occasions that isn't even on the menu, its been brought down from Market Square 2 floors up!
    I've always found management and staff very friendly, efficient, professional. I only know one of the managers by name, Rob....he's a terriffic host..
    Judging by turnover of tables there 7 days a week I'd say they're doing pretty well!

Like I said just my 2c!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Limerick west

moby2101 wrote: »
    ...my 2c for what its worth..

I couldn't disagree more, I eat here quite a lot with work and socially.

Food is top notch, I could honestly say I've never had a bad meal here,the desserts aren't great but I don't eat dessert. ...
    I've had a cheese plate on a few occasions that isn't even on the menu, its been brought down from Market Square 2 floors up!
    I've always found management and staff very friendly, efficient, professional. I only know one of the managers by name, Rob....he's a terriffic host..
    Judging by turnover of tables there 7 days a week I'd say they're doing pretty well!

Like I said just my 2c!!!

i am a regular customer there and last week I tried fried chicken meal (I think it is Thai) and it is so oily and I complained to staff when I did the payment and they didn't charge me for that meal. staff and the restaurant's atmosphere are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭patsyrockem

My wife and I had a meal there a while back before we were meeting up with friends, we were seated at a table for 2 and ordered our wine. We decided to have a main and a desert, in the middle of our desert the 'manager' was standing over us obviously trying to hurry us up. Now we are both quick eaters and were in a bit of a hurry anyway and were there well less than an hour. He then approached us and mentioned that he needed the table for a larger group that they had a booking for. I explained that we would'nt be much longer but this was'nt enough for my friend now joined by another suit. Another guy arrived with a wine bucket for the remains of our wine and they suggested that we finish it in the Savoy bar.:mad: They took our wine and asked us to follow them to the bar, we paid for our food and decided the wine was'nt worth going out on the street and going to the bar. We were behind time anyway.
    I have never seen anything like this before and will never darken their door again. I have turned down a couple of freebies there since. The food is at best only average and not great value for what you are getting in my humble opinion. It was obvious they had overbooked but surely their was no need for this behaviour. We were offered very little in the way of an apology and I did'nt expect any from this glorified road cafe. There are lots of fine restaurants in Limerick so don't be talked into how great this place is.

• Advertisement

Mobey2101, thanks for your 2cents worth, but I think you miss the big picture, This is a restaurant, it is SUPPOSED to be good! I paid the guts of 150 euro for lunch for five, and the food for three of us the food was only ok, not great. For the other two, both starters were returned uneaten, and one main course half eaten....not good enough, and management should have been asking WHY?? Desserts were ok, but I am sure they were bought in. I have enough experience of dining out to know a good meal from a mediocre one. Even if the food was better, dont forget, you are paying for full package, service and ambience etc, why any anyone would want to sit thru the racket we had to endure is beyond me. Hustle and bustle, "charecter" etc I can handle......but these chefs were over the top on the decible levels.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Mobey2101, thanks for your 2cents worth, but I think you miss the big picture, This is a restaurant, it is SUPPOSED to be good! I paid the guts of 150 euro for lunch for five, and the food for three of us the food was only ok, not great. For the other two, both starters were returned uneaten, and one main course half eaten....not good enough, and management should have been asking WHY?? Desserts were ok, but I am sure they were bought in. I have enough experience of dining out to know a good meal from a mediocre one. Even if the food was better, dont forget, you are paying for full package, service and ambience etc, why any anyone would want to sit thru the racket we had to endure is beyond me. Hustle and bustle, "charecter" etc I can handle......but these chefs were over the top on the decible levels.

I dont disagree with anything in your post!!

If I had a bad meal there I would complain to management and let them know I wouldnt be paying for any uneaten courses..etc...
    I can only stand over the experinces Ive had there, its been good...I cant find fault with any aspect of the service I've received over the years, ....Ive never been rushed out of the place and Ive never seen it happen ...but if it did happen to me I certainly would'nt return.
    In general I think we (Irish punter) are too accomodating ..."ah sure its grand", if there's something wrong, you complain, and you vote with your feet, ie dont go back

I concur, we are too accomodating haha..."sure its grand" "Dont make a fuss" etc etc, but as you suggest, vote with my feet ( see my first post)

By the by, if you fancy a change from Hamptons and like Italian, check out casa Nostra, newish in Limerick. Well worth a visit and as a new business could do with the support....see my post on same.

Cheers

@ eisenberg1

Thanks for the tip, Ill certainly give it a try...
    Best Italian Ive been to in Limerick has to be Tuscany in Newtown

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Limerick west

moby2101 wrote: »
    @ eisenberg1

Thanks for the tip, Ill certainly give it a try...
    Best Italian Ive been to in Limerick has to be Tuscany in Newtown

+1 for Tuscany

Advertisement