Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine cooler

Options
  • 28-05-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent Wine cooler?

I'm looking for storage for about 20-30 bottles.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dublin9

Did you ever get a name for a wine cooler !! I am looking for a duel wine cooler - i.e that does red and wine at different temp.. Anybody any names thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

seperate fridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Did you ever get a name for a wine cooler !! I am looking for a duel wine cooler - i.e that does red and wine at different temp.. Anybody any names thanks

Red and white wine should be stored at the same temperature (12 degrees or so).

You only need a different temperature for serving. For white, get a wine sleeve which you keep in the freezer, put on the bottle and it'll be cool in 5 minutes. For red, just remove from the fridge standing the bottle upright, and depending on the temperature of the room and desired serving temperature, it'll be warm soon enough. You can also use this time to decant if needed or just for the wine to open in the bottle if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dublin9

Thanks for wine temp info... I'm remodeling kitchen and left space for a wine cooler - was advised to get duel...so any recommendations on a make thanks

Advertisement