Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find an icing syringe in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-05-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere you can get an icing syringe for filling éclairs. I know there's a place up a Steven's Green, but looking for alternative shops too.

Thanks,

Will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

TK Maxx often have them, and I have seen them in homestore and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Wouldn't mind getting one myself think I saw them in homevalue hardware but not sure must check. Would a regular syringe do the job for the mo. ie obviously the non needley ones you can get in the chemist in various sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 willhouse

I got one in kitchen complements in the end. It was only €5.50, which seems like deacent value. Cheers for the info!!!

Will

Saw a pill plunger thing at the vets today might do the trick lol had to bits at the top to place your fingers so would be pretty accurate.

Was in a shop today and almost squeeled they stock icing syringes with a wee pink plunger and also an fancy lookin icing pen thingy and a potato ricer plan to buy one a week.

It's the kind of shop that has everything from envalopes to baking stuff to bubbles, if you know of any shops in your area like that might be worth rummaging through the shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 astaines

Where did you find this useful shop? I eventually ordered my icing tips from Amazon. I find disposable piping bags a lot easier to use than the cloth ones, and the syringes are basically useless. Maybe if you do a lot of very fine work the syringes are more useful? Anthony

I guess you're right astains, lot of gadgety things aren't always needed but that makes me want them more lol.
    There's one of these shops in Thurles town on the main st.

I'm pure useless at icing so no amount of gadgets will help but they're so shiney!

Advertisement