Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very insecure

Options
  • 28-05-2010 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i have very little or no self esteem. I am always looking for compliments. If someone makes even the slightest critism i get hurt or annoyed or secretly angry i am always trying to impress people. i sometimes think people look down on me or are laughing at me or are talking about me. If someoen doesnt like i dont like meeting that person or even passing them on the street as i feel they 'know' something about. I am also very clingy and feel sometimes like i am almost a stalker. How can i change

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

i have very little or no self esteem. I am always looking for compliments. If someone makes even the slightest critism i get hurt or annoyed or secretly angry i am always trying to impress people. i sometimes think people look down on me or are laughing at me or are talking about me. If someoen doesnt like i dont like meeting that person or even passing them on the street as i feel they 'know' something about. I am also very clingy and feel sometimes like i am almost a stalker. How can i change

I'd say pride. Do something that allows you to hold your head up high and feel worthy of being noticed and comfortable with attention because you will associate the attention with the things you've done that you are proud of.

I've felt like that before and I'll say that once you start to take control of your own actions and destiny - thats the only time you'll feel comfortable in your own skin. So do something worthwhile, something you can be proud of and you'll be making the right moves towards self confidence and away from insecurity.

Advertisement