Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Flash 10 wont work on my Windows XP/Mozilla pc

Options
  • 28-05-2010 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Can someone help me here as i have no idea whats going on. I've been trying to download Adobe Flash 10 onto my pc but even though i go through the whole download/Install process as req and everything seems fine (including the message on the Adobe site saying 'installed successfully') when i finish and look for Adobe Flash on my computer...

There's nothing there!!!

I have IE aswell and have tried downloading using that but same situation...Nothing!

Anyone know what's going on here?
    Thanks
    C ;-)
    Ps. I don't have this problem with other downloads

PPS - MODs if this is the wrong place for this post please feel free to move it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What do you get when you go to this page?
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

What do you get when you go to this page?
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I just get this message 'You have version 10,0,45,2 installed'

Any thoughts??

Froggies, when you said you go looking for it on your PC? I assumed that you meant that you would pull up a browser and the plugin wasnt there?

When you open up IE or Firefox and go to youtube are you able to play the videos? You do know that what you are downloading is just a plugin for the browser to allow you to run Flash browser applications, and not the full application that allows you to create Flash applications.

Froggies, when you said you go looking for it on your PC? I assumed that you meant that you would pull up a browser and the plugin wasnt there?

When you open up IE or Firefox and go to youtube are you able to play the videos? You do know that what you are downloading is just a plugin for the browser to allow you to run Flash browser applications, and not the full application that allows you to create Flash applications.

JonathanAnon...Actually I didn't realise that! Sure the clue is in the name...Flash Player:rolleyes:...sorry man...i'm slapping my head as i write.

Thanks for clarifying that for me!

Right so i'm off with a slightly embarrassed look on my face to see if i can find something to create flash.
    Cheers
    DrF ;-)

DrFroggies wrote: »
    JonathanAnon...Actually I didn't realise that! Sure the clue is in the name...Flash Player:rolleyes:...sorry man...i'm slapping my head as i write.Thanks for clarifying that for me!Right so i'm off with a slightly embarrassed look on my face to see if i can find something to create flash.CheersDrF ;-)

No problem.. a lot of people make the same mistake with Adobe Reader/Writer.
    Hey if you're trying to make Flash for websites, there's an application called Swish Max that I bought for doing this. It's excellent and much easier to use than Flash itself. I think it's cheaper as well. .

You can take down a trial version and have a look http://www.swishzone.com/index.php Have to say though, I find it excellent.

• Advertisement

No problem.. a lot of people make the same mistake with Adobe Reader/Writer.
    Hey if you're trying to make Flash for websites, there's an application called Swish Max that I bought for doing this. It's excellent and much easier to use than Flash itself. I think it's cheaper as well. .

You can take down a trial version and have a look http://www.swishzone.com/index.php Have to say though, I find it excellent.

Just checked out that link cheers - it looks pretty cool alright, not too pricey either, i'll download the trial version and see how i get on...Thanks again mate!

Advertisement