Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

world of boredcraft

Options
  • 27-05-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭

a few weeks back my guild and i cleared all the content on normal (10), since then everyone's gotten really lax including myself with raiding. Its actually at the point now where i dont even want to log in anymore, never had this problem in vanilla or tbc, what is it with wrath thats so boring?

Anyone else at this stage of not even wanting to login or renew a subscription til new content/expansion is released?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah i'm with you. i just think the instances and raids aren't as interesting as tbc. Karazhan was one of a kind, and mount hyjal was so pretty.

edit: as for the instances, I lost count of how many times I ran underbog just for fun. botanica/arcatraz were so brilliant as well !
    Now we have what, nexus and UK and the like, no thanks. CoS was interesting but it's getting old

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's also possible that your bored because you've been playing the game for over 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

could be yeah, its also why i've tried every other mmo out there and ended up thinking, 'its just not WoW' after a few hours in the worst ones, and weeks in the decent ones.
    I like WoW, but i'm bored doing the same old thing every day, raiding was probably its only saving grace in the last few months, but as there's nothing much left besides heroic raids or achievment runs, i dont really want to grind through all of that again just to have some powernerd title or achievment that nobody really gives a crap about except me, and even i dont care much for achievments and never have.

come to think of it, am a bit worried about cataclysm now too lol

still bored though and will be buying cata when its released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I'm playing 2 years, and agree about LK being a tad boring. At least with BC, you needed to gain rep to run hc's...so hc's where actually a challenge and end game content was opened up to you gradually...with LK as soon as you Ding you can go wherever you want...

I think the overall difference is to do with access to endgame content tbh...i know LK was released before I'd seen even some of the hc's in BC! Hope Cata is a little better...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nearly six years in, no boredom here :)

When you run the AH in loads of markets, have 4 80's, run them all in ICC, level another two alts, doing all sorts of drake achievements...I just constantly have something to do...

As a matter of interest, have you done 12/12 LK hard modes and got your drakes?

If not, well your just all quitting which is different ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hummmm, Why wotlk sucked balls.... where to start... ? :D

To make it easier ill mention what was right with it, quests were fun, ulduar, the addition of real world rare mobs dropping mounts.

Thats pretty much it i think, everything else pales in comparison to vanilla/TBC.

I understand blizz are watering down content to make it more accessable for casuals etc, but while trying to cater for these (who could just aswell play a different game designed for pick up and play gamers) they are making it crappy and boring for the people who supported them all of these years and helped win them the king of mmo's acclaim they currently have :rolleyes:

rarrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I'm a relative newbie compared to you lot, and a <spit> casual. Surely this happens prior to every expansion? Suck it up, or QQ till Cata, or get onto the SC2 beta or something. It's nearly as bad as the WoW forums around here lately... :D

The " wow watered down and is now crap and boring" just isnt holding any water with me, not one iota.

Theres no doubt people will feel like dropping WoW and wait for cataclysm for sure.

But there is still alot to do..and remember with the catalycsm raids one a single lockout, you will have alot more raid time.

If you dont have an alt, might be a time to get one ;)

i have way too much time on my hands, i have 5 level 80's, prot warrior, disc priest, arcane mage, resto druid, and mm huntard, plus numerous ex-twinks yaddayadda. lol overindulgence maybe..

but yeah, the whole achievment and getting new proto drakes, and seriously pvp.. just doesnt float my boat. Dont get me wrong, some people live for achievments, and i have about 3000 points on my lowest 80 toon, and about 6000 on my highest, i just cant do it anymore lol

I havent done the hardmodes, nor have my guild and tbh i doubt they will with the low attendence to raids since we got the LK down.

hell, i even tried multiboxing two accounts for a while and that was just disgracefully overpowered and easy, and expensive, fun but expensive.
    I mean there's not a lot to do besides raids, and i've experianced it all minus the heroic mode raids, which is aestheticly gameover. and yep, signed for the cata and sc2 beta's, not heard a dickiebird back yet and probably wont either..

ho-hum.. back to rome total war i guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

The game's hit a major stale point, just aoe rush everything like and badge shop's wotlk just cheapened everything about wow kinda i was just casual like i use to love seeing raiders geared up and going i wish i could get that but i cant stand raiding now everyone's like clone's even me !

• Advertisement

I was never big into achievements but I think I might start getting stuck into them and grab as many mounts and pets as i canthat dont cost money.

I do find myself with alot of free time, but theres something about gearing up a character and just constantly doing something that keeps me appeased.

I guess since wow is the only game I play anymore, is probably a big factor in how I just dont get bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Heroic shattered halls (pre-nerf) - Kara war tank (me), 2 x kitty Druids, 1 blue/Kara geared fury warrior and kara holy paladin.

No cc and every pull that was a high chance of death. Very challenging. Some of the greatest fun I had in WoW.

Hopefully bliz will get the balance right that we have harder heroics but not that community feel they can only take DPS with cc.

Heroic shattered halls (pre-nerf) - Kara war tank (me), 2 x kitty Druids, 1 blue/Kara geared fury warrior and kara holy paladin.

No cc and every pull that was a high chance of death. Very challenging. Some of the greatest fun I had in WoW.

Hopefully bliz will get the balance right that we have harder heroics but not that community feel they can only take DPS with cc.

thats another thing that annoyed me, while levelling at about 71-73 the tank or dps would say "lets skip these" about the mobs in utgarde, why? why would ye let 10 secs of aoe and 7-10k exp get away so easily by skipping mobs like that?

same as failtanks in Pit of Saron skipping mobs
    "mount up FFS" .. bollocks to that, they were hard the first once or twice, but they have dropped that battered hilt at least a half dozen times in groups i've been in, the few months its been up. Why say skip to 8k gold?

Edit: lol this is becoming a whine thread for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im at the stage where i have only been to icc once and though i liked it, i dont think a 6 hour session to down 6 bosses is completely worthwhile.

so now i have been trying to gear up my other 80s for icc when i dont even wanna really go back there. sure, would nice to be able to say i cleared the entire content but meh.

so im leveling a rogue atm, with cata around the corner i dont see a point in trying to gear up now like.

jus tryin to decide which toon to level first in cata.

and gonna try egar my warr to tank some tough **** now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

copeyhagen wrote: »
    im at the stage where i have only been to icc once and though i liked it, i dont think a 6 hour session to down 6 bosses is completely worthwhile.

so now i have been trying to gear up my other 80s for icc when i dont even wanna really go back there. sure, would nice to be able to say i cleared the entire content but meh.

so im leveling a rogue atm, with cata around the corner i dont see a point in trying to gear up now like.

jus tryin to decide which toon to level first in cata.

and gonna try egar my warr to tank some tough **** now

exactly what i did, i have 3 80's now while 2 have excellent gear i just left the third sitting in almost dinged 80 gear as there isnt much point gearing him up.

im just using professions to make gold atm for cata which im stopping on in june as my account expires then started on around 4k give or take and almost 100k now after just under a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

TechnoPool wrote: »
    exactly what i did, i have 3 80's now while 2 have excellent gear i just left the third sitting in almost dinged 80 gear as there isnt much point gearing him up.

im just using professions to make gold atm for cata which im stopping on in june as my account expires then started on around 4k give or take and almost 100k now after just under a month.

how did u make so much gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

skinning and herbalism / fishing i use to make up to 1k a day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

6 hours for 6 bosses..... D: thats an hour these days with a pug D:

more or less on the AH pal, i know its been said around a million times before but thats where it is, thedoc has posted some decent stuff in the stickys on well known ways to make a few gold but everyone is doing them, you will make alot of gold following them i guess but its not going to be anything spectacular .

ive been making my gold through enchanting and blacksmith mostly.

I make mine through two alchemists, a jewelcrafter and a blacksmith. Crafting gems and cutting them, flipping gems, crafting saronite swordbreakers made me about 500g a day alone! Tried to use emblems for the crusader orbs. One thing i would say is if you do start making money, keep only about 4k on your main max, or you could be tempted to spend it on Crap :P like i did on harbingers bone band :( and stocking up my guild bank with things we need for starting in two weeks >.<

Yeah it really all boils down to buy cheap, sell just below your competitors!

• Advertisement

magicianz wrote: »
    I make mine through two alchemists, a jewelcrafter and a blacksmith. Crafting gems and cutting them, flipping gems, crafting saronite swordbreakers made me about 500g a day alone! Tried to use emblems for the crusader orbs. One thing i would say is if you do start making money, keep only about 4k on your main max, or you could be tempted to spend it on Crap :P like i did on harbingers bone band :( and stocking up my guild bank with things we need for starting in two weeks >.<

Yeah it really all boils down to buy cheap, sell just below your competitors!

lol what are you starting in 2 weeks? :p

more or less on the AH pal, i know its been said around a million times before but thats where it is, thedoc has posted some decent stuff in the stickys on well known ways to make a few gold but everyone is doing them, you will make alot of gold following them i guess but its not going to be anything spectacular .

ive been making my gold through enchanting and blacksmith mostly.

Theres no real tricks anymore...

Its just being smart, getting your costs cheap and selling for profit, there is definitly no trick to making gold anymore, its that easy

Sitting at about 30k on the guild bank now,

My mage which I've been simply amking some enchanting scrolls a day and selling them, is now at 8k : /

Its just so easy, well expect that mage to be up in the high tens of thousands come cataclys, and me and my mates guild bank to have atleast 150k sitting in it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

I quit WoW for other reasons but I have to say that WotLK didn't help. Its quesitng was better but the dungeons and raids just werent all that interesting

TheDoc wrote: »
    Theres no real tricks anymore...

Its just being smart, getting your costs cheap and selling for profit, there is definitly no trick to making gold anymore, its that easy

Sitting at about 30k on the guild bank now,

My mage which I've been simply amking some enchanting scrolls a day and selling them, is now at 8k : /

Its just so easy, well expect that mage to be up in the high tens of thousands come cataclys, and me and my mates guild bank to have atleast 150k sitting in it

indeed there isnt really any tricks to making gold is just keeping the cost down to craft something/buy something then sell for a profit.

lol what are you starting in 2 weeks? :p

Setting up a raiding guild, got about 3 main players from a top raiding guild(10/12 LK 25 hc), one transferring from a 11/12 LK 25 hc guild, 1 from a 7/12 LK 25 hc guild, and a few of their mates, myself, and a few of my mates who have raided since vanilla :P should be fun to say the least! Aiming minimum 6/12 hc first week or i will dispand it xD

Yup we are quite the influential bunch :P

Setting up a raiding guild, got about 3 main players from a top raiding guild(10/12 LK 25 hc), one transferring from a 11/12 LK 25 hc guild, 1 from a 7/12 LK 25 hc guild, and a few of their mates, myself, and a few of my mates who have raided since vanilla :P should be fun to say the least! Aiming minimum 6/12 hc first week or i will dispand it xD

Yup we are quite the influential bunch :P

bit mad starting so close to an expansion pal , but GL with it :) with the buff's these days u really should be able to get that!

We started our ten man guild about 3 weeks ago and we have 10/12 HM, going for sindra tonight.

Through one of the lads contacts also starting a pretty rock solid 25man group thats looking to go 12/12 and then start hard modes.

So its new horizons and challenges for me, even towards the end of the expansion.

Although saying that we still have a good six months left in this bad boy. We wont be seen cata till after blizzcon for sure, so theres still plenty of time to wait, might aswell fill it up with what we can ;)

bit mad starting so close to an expansion pal , but GL with it :) with the buff's these days u really should be able to get that!

Yeah but tbh all the successful raiding guilds of wrath were started in tbc and same for vanilla like! Its an unwritten fact :P we will hopefully be starting a 25man group too since 10man should be a cake walk! Though.....i have to tank it til one of our tanks is finished the leaving cert.....and i haven't downed a boss past 6/12 yet :P should be fun to say the least!

Ropedrink, since your a pvpaholic, how does arcane mage/unholy dk rank up for a 2v2 team? Yay or nay? :o

Yeah but tbh all the successful raiding guilds of wrath were started in tbc and same for vanilla like! Its an unwritten fact :P we will hopefully be starting a 25man group too since 10man should be a cake walk! Though.....i have to tank it til one of our tanks is finished the leaving cert.....and i haven't downed a boss past 6/12 yet :P should be fun to say the least!

Ropedrink, since your a pvpaholic, how does arcane mage/unholy dk rank up for a 2v2 team? Yay or nay? :o

in arena its gonna be very bad , no real synergy in the class's , doh for t1 weapons you can really cant that with any combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

The reason why it's boring is because it doesn't have MC general chat anymore.

Plus all the mods that basically play the game for you now

Advertisement