Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Dublin opticians?

Options
  • 27-05-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

sorry if this thread has been done before but I tried searching and didn't really get much info. Just wondering which optician people could recommend in Dublin for the best choice of frames? But also not too expensive.

I'm not dead against specsavers, but I'm not the biggest fan of the plasticy heavy frames I saw the last time I went in. That and the fact that I only really want one pair so the deal is a bit useless.

I got frames from zennioptical.com a year ago, which was cool and very cheap, but having never tried them on its a bit hit and miss, and only one of three pairs I got really fit me well. If anyone had suggestions for online too that would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

vision express have a good range but are expensive.
    vision2you.co.uk have a similar range that are alot cheaper so you could get your prescription and then order the glasses online.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

I quite like vision express too, I found specsavers frames pretty crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Went in to both Specsavers and Vision Express yesterday.

Specsavers had the same selection of frames from whenever I was in there last (which could be a year or so?!), most of them being cheap plasticy frames?!

Vision express did have some really cool frames, but was super expensive (E200+...). I guess its to be expected as they're all designer, I wasn't quite expecting that though! I have no idea what I'll do now, quite possibly online, but hopefully I'll find something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pick them in vision express and buy the exact ones online...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

If I might go for a local Irish optician...Miriam Porter of Celbridge.

Cheaper than Vision Express in my case at least.

Your mileage may vary as my prescription is complicated but poses no problem to the folks in Porters.

Advertisement