Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Pillows

Options
  • 27-05-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi there,
    just looking for some advice please. Has anyone used them and are they any good? It might sound dumb but is one better than another etc?

I want to make things as comfortable as possible for my fiancee and think she could use one of these as she's finding it difficult to sleep.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

don't know about the pillows but a memory mattress is the business. Even a memory foam topper which are much cheaper would be of benefit. She will be up all night peeing though and afterwards she won't get a good night sleep for at least a year but it's all worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I wouldn't have been able to cope with the V pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I've found the funny-shape one (dreamgenie I think) great. It goes between your legs and stops you rolling onto your back and I can use it as a breastfeeding support pillow later, if this baba ever decides to make an appearance! I got in in TK Maxx €40, cheaper than the baby shops and some of the online stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I got a V shaped pillow from Argos for about 7 euro and it was great. It can also be used for breastfeeding after the baby comes too. Tehe pillow case it came with wasn't great as it seemed to bobble very quickly

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 47 lilka

my girl used a circular shaped one - you wrap it around your waist for breastfeeding for example for the baby to sit up near for feeding, but it's sold as also being used to help you sleep. Did not help her sleep at all, just threw it out of the bed. Grand for breastfeeding though, and also comfortable for sitting on after the birth (for a few weeks) depending on how labour goes it can be painful down there --- luckily I didnt have to do any of the work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

I didn't get any pillow as they are too expensive for me. I made one from single duvet cover and stuffed with some old quilt inside. it helps alot while sleeping on side (as this is only comfy position when belly gets big)
    also as someone mentioned memory foam mattress is a GREAT help, cos it adjust its shape to the body. Great relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

thanks a million guys, that's a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pikku

I have to say, my new favorite thing in the whole world is a huge body pillow i bought a week ago in mothercare. It was pricey enough (40eur or so) but dear hubby implored me to spend the cash in the hopes we would both catch some sleep.
    it is amazing. Ever since i've gotten it, i am sleeping much better. You put it inbetween your knees (seems to alleviate the lower back pain i was waking up with every night) and also it goes up to under your chin, and i find it kind of stops me getting toppled over onto my bump. It is lovely and soft, and cushy, and like i said, has given me the best nights sleep since i started getting bigger (am 29 weeks now). It looks a bit ridiculous - when himself saw it first he wanted to know would there be space for him in the bed as well lol -but i have to say, it's fab. For me anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Pikku i agree with you on the mothercare full body one..
    It defo gets the thumbs up from me :)
    Really comfy to use ..A bit expensive i agree but worth it in the end and you can use it afterwards as a normal pillow so it is a good investment.

Advertisement