Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locking a website onto a screen?

Options
  • 27-05-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'd like to show a single website and nothing else on a windows xp,i want no other action to be taken except for ability to view the website. Anyone know of software for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

F11!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

In the absence of further information, you could try something like Microsoft SteadyState, but I'm not sure it's quite what you need.

It sounds like you're going to use this for a demonstration or a showroom environment - will you just be using one local account or various? How long do you need to run it for? Is the machine going to have internet access?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you want to run the bowser in KIOSK mode

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/

there is a way of getting this to auto run so that when windows starts it goes straight into it and you can't exit it without rebooting

add an entry for the site to c:\windows\system32\hosts
    remove DNS in network settings so they can't lookup other sites

remove the keyboard and superglue the right button of the mouse :pac:
    but even then they will still have physical access so it won't be secure

Advertisement