Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle mount for HTC Desire?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I don't know how you could consider such a thing. It's not waterproof, it's bloody expensive, it's not shock-poof, and it could slip out of the holder on bumpy pot-holed Irish roads.

Sorry, not a terribly useful comment. Just hoping you might reconsider. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Yeah I know what your saying. Thats why i'm looking to see if anyone else has had experience with any. Possibly should have went to the cycling forum with this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I was thinking a microUSB dynamo charger would be sweet, but I don't think such a thing exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

I go mountain biking with my Desire and use softrace and my tracks to log my trip. But I do put it in my waterproof iphone pocket in my camelback mule.
    It works really well and I can compare my different outings quite easily.

But I have fallen off a few times so would not be eager to have a handle bar mount.

But for road biking I probably would use it, but look into getting a waterproof bag like the Aquapac. I have one of these as well and they work well for taking underwater or wet weather pics and vids

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xabi_a

I just put in an order here

http://gadget.brando.com/bicycle-phone-holder_p00457c049d001.html

a week ago, but haven't got it yet. Some videos on youtube show that it's pretty sturdy, even if you do hit potholes. But I'd put the phone in some protective casing anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭muad_dib77

xabi_a wrote: »
    I just put in an order here

http://gadget.brando.com/bicycle-phone-holder_p00457c049d001.html

a week ago, but haven't got it yet. Some videos on youtube show that it's pretty sturdy, even if you do hit potholes. But I'd put the phone in some protective casing anyway.

so. what was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

for a minute i thought you wanted to mount a bicycle onto your phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Not such a good idea apparently.........

no no no no

Advertisement