Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly girl

Options
  • 27-05-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi.. I dont blame people who think im stupid went they read this but im just looking for a bit of advice..
    Just finished my first year in college and im seeing this lovely guy.. but during the week one thing leads to another and we didnt use a condom but im on the pill.. Now im freaking out about the chances of me getting pregnant.. A bit after the time i know.. But what is the likely hood of getting pregnant??
    I know it sounds stupid but im too young to be a mum!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

If you're taking your pill correctly, it's highly highly unlikely that you are pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Not Interested

In the past i havnt been overly worried as i have never been havig sex regularly and have always used condoms.. But in the past month i have been very careful about the pill and have taken it every morning... Which is one of the reasons im kinda freaking because i take it in the morning but not in the exactly time every day..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You sound quite sensible as you usually 'double up' on your contraceptives. Seriously, the pill is an effective contraceptive in itself. If you were taking it in the morning one day, in the evening the next and not at all the next, then you might be in some danger, but if you always take it roughly around the same time every day, it's highly effective (I don't know the %, but the leaflet in the box should say it).

I really don't think you've anything to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Not Interested

Thank you so much.. Its such a relief to have someone say that :) ive just always been a motherly type but i just dont think i could handle pregnancy right now! Like im only just about turning 20!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you hve been taking your pill properly the chances are very very slim.
    But the only way to be sure is to do a test clear blue tests can be used a few days before your period is due.

Hopefully you aren't but you still had unprotected sex and may have exposed yourself to an sti, so you should talk to your dr about an sti screen when next you see them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement