Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW1 Honourable Discharge Certificate

Options
  • 27-05-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Got this WW1 Honourable Discharge Cert,this one to a private from the 5th London Regiment.These were awarded to soldiers invalided out of the war,the certs are quite large,this one has been folded but should frame up still quite nice.There are other variants of these awards,the wording is different for Officers and there is also a naval and the most scarce an air force version.Also sometimes you will find ones that have been coloured in.

WW1HonourableDischargeCert005-1.jpg

WW1HonourableDischargeCert006-1.jpg

WW1HonourableDischargeCert004-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Here is another Honourable Discharge Cert awarded to to a private from the Devonshire Regiment.This also has its original cardboard tube the cert would of been posted with.

007-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Very nice. I think I have a similair looking German WWI one at home somewhere, (can't remember off hand exactly what it is though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Thanks Morlar,I'd be interested in seeing that if you can find it,sounds interesting.

I just checked and the one I was thinking of is actually a German WWI soldiers saving card of some sort - so not a discharge form at all !

116759.jpg

116760.JPG

Going through some documents I got a while back found this Franco Prussian war era discharge one for comparison. The WWI british one above is far more ornate and nicely done imo.

116763.JPG

116764.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement