Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best paid Android Apps

Options
  • 26-05-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Should have access to paid Android apps and just wondering for those who have tried some of them what are the top ones there?

Locale is about the only one I know of

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Robodefense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Has anyone used Phone My PC? Does it allow you to control pretty much everything as if you were in front of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Has anyone used Phone My PC? Does it allow you to control pretty much everything as if you were in front of it?

I'd wait til logmein ignition is out, its in beta atm, will be out for purchase soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Only ones i've paid for are Record It(for setting Sky+ recordings), the C25K app and EasyMoney(finance tracking app).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Well i've bought a couple things from slideme before, but off the market ive bought:

Apps:

bTunes - the best music player IMO cuz it's the ipod interface. If nothing else it at least allows iMorons to control your music and not get confused by a new button!
    JellySMS - better than cabbage IMO. Its like the messagin app except accesses your webtexts. But unlike cabbage, this one actually accesses your contacts in the same method as the normal message app, and it integrates the sent messages into your main message app's threads.
    Camera Illusion - cant actually remember if i bought this or if its free. Best camera fx app anyway; got the most filters, and overlays in realtime

..and i'll be buying GrabRadio as soon as it's out, which shouldn't be too long.

Games:

Let's Golf - Not actually on the market, its from Gameloft webstore at http://wapshop.gameloft.com/wifi but i just had to mention it cuz it's my favourite game atm!
    Raging Thunder 2
    Space Physics
    Heavy Gunner
    Radiant
    ExZeus

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. JellySMS sounds great. Pain in the ass having to remember numbers to use cabbage.

How do you find out about non-market apps?

I dunno, just reading around! I wouldn't concern yourself with non-market apps apart from Gamelofts (which are going to be market apps soon anyway). It just means you have multiple sources to re-download from if you wipe/update your phone, and updates are much slower too.

I just found out about another app called Radiotime. Apparantly it gets LOADS of stations around the world, including Radio 1 and the likes..I'm "market enabling" as we speak to get it!

You can also look at market apps on Androlib.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Cabbage works fine if you use Google contacts, and with an Android phone why wouldn't you?

I've tried both, IMO Jelly just works better all-round. Each to their own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Great app, was happy to pay the $10 for it. Right click can be a little off at times so you have to adjust where you place your finger on the screen but there's always the option to use the track ball/pad. Keys that aren't on the standard touchscreen keyboard, such as print screen, page up/down, F1-F12etc. are available through the menu along with shortcuts for cut, paste, save, open, etc. There's a little menu wich can be laid over the top of the screen called 'mod keys'. It consists of Shift, Ctrl, 'windows symbol', Alt and two optional buttons which you can assign functions to.

The one real downside is that you can't log in, so if you lock your pc then you'll be locked out until you can be physically back in front of it to log back in. That said though, it looks great, has a huge amount of functionality and runs pretty smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

JustinOval wrote: »
    Cabbage works fine if you use Google contacts, and with an Android phone why wouldn't you?

How do you do that?

cork45 wrote: »
    How do you do that?
    What he said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

cork45 wrote: »
    How do you do that?

Import your contacts to Google account. Sign into gmail and go to contacts down the left side and check out the options you have for importing them. I used a csv file for mine, wasn't all plain sailing but worked in the end.

Plenty of online help if you get stuck on a particular part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Well i've bought a couple things from slideme before, but off the market ive bought:

Apps:

JellySMS - better than cabbage IMO. Its like the messagin app except accesses your webtexts. But unlike cabbage, this one actually accesses you]r contacts in the same method as the normal message app, and it integrates the sent messages into your main message app's threads.[/B

Cabbage detects all my contacts (granted as below they were automagically synced from Gmail as they were in there anyway. but it also integrates all sent messages with it to the message app threads also. I disliked jelly sms as it seems to stamp "sent by jelly sms" so never tried it on Android because I swtiched to cabbage on WM, so carried that over.

eoferrall wrote: »
    to stamp "sent by jelly sms" so never tried it on Android because I swtiched to cabbage on WM, so carried that over.

Only on the free version. You can remove that sig completely or add your own on the paid.

Plus it's an irish lad doing it so i like to support him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I don't have any option in cabbage to import contacts.
    I'm already using google for my contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Only on the free version. You can remove that sig completely or add your own on the paid.

Plus it's an irish lad doing it so i like to support him!

Meh, cabbage is two irish lads also and there is no need to pay to remove a sig!:cool: but as you say each to their own. cabbage works perfectly for me so no need to look elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

yep, i use cabbage on my desire and find it brilliant, no problems at all

Advertisement