Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long til I go back to normal?????

Options
  • 26-05-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

I changed pills last year from Yasmin to microlite, and now I am regretting it big time. I've come to the realisation today that all my problems at the moment are to do with it: I've had a lot of headaches over the last month, and my sex drive is zero, this also only happened in the last month. Before that it was fairly healthy, but overnight I just seem to have turned from someone who enjoyed and initiated sex to someone who doesn't even want her boyfriend to touch her. I've put on weight, and my skin has gotten very spotty.

I've another week and a bit left in the pack, and I'm going to keep taking them til the end because I'm going on holidays in 3 and a half weeks, so at least then my period shouldn't be getting in the way of the holiday, but I just want to know, how long could it take to go back to normal? Has anyone any personal experiences? I know it's different for every one, but even a time frame would be good.

I haven't decided whether to go back to yasmin (never really had a problem with it, just my mother read somewhere about the possibility of developing clots as a result of being on yasmin) or whether to just give my body a break from the pill. I've been on it for nearly 10 years, since I was 17 because of painful periods, so it'd probably be a good idea for my body to get a break. Would love to hear from other peoples perspectives & experiences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

I'd say it would be no harm to give your body a break and have a normal cycle and just to see how you feel generally not being on the pill. But be careful, you know yourself !! Don't get careless ;)

If you have acne, Dianette is great for that so maybe you can try that pill if thats an issue for you.

Re getting back to 'normal'....I'd say that would be only a few weeks.

All of your Q's are very doctor-y type Q's so I think you should have a sit down with him/her to clarify all of these queries that you have.

Or even a well woman clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sugar_smile

Op I have been in your position,

Basically doctor moved me from Yasmin to Microlite long story short the microlite did not agree with me at all. Mood swings, putting on weight, low sex drive :( Was awful because I had never had this experience with the Yasmin-I didn't know what was going on! ( and neither did my poor bf!) I decided to take a break from the pill alltogether (as I had been using for many years and figured it couldn't be good for my body to be swapping around all the time). I never looked back since I came off the Microlite!

Thats just my personal experience Op but maybe you should consider a break to give your body a chance to breathe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

Microlite made me cry so much! It;s funny looking back on it now but I had just started going out with himself - I wonder how he's still with me two years later!

I finished off the pack and switched to cilest - best thing ever.

Advertisement