Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hebe: Autumn Glory, where to buy?

Options
  • 26-05-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have totally fallen in love with this plant. I was out walking along Dun Laoghaire last summer and saw the rows of Autumn Glory with bumble bees all over them. Given how little our little friends have in Dublin, I want to get some in our back garden.

I've bought 4 x 3 ft containers that are about 2 ft in diameter so we can acommodate 4 hebes that will grow up to about 6 foot or so.

We've tried and tried, but can't find a place that sells them.

Ideally, we want 4 hebes planted in these pots at the end of the garden for the bees.

Anyone any ideas where I can go to buy hebes that are about 1ft tall already (ie. ready to plant).

HELP!!

Hebe_Autumn_Glory_A.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Try Tully Nirseries, Ballyboughal (north Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

if you can't find them for sale you could take cuttings of non flowering shoots , took one last year and grew to about a foot but unfortunatly the winter took it so it's not too hardy . they take very easily from cuttings and yes i fell in love with it too , i need to find one still in the land of the living to take from !:)

Advertisement