Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Grass problem.

Options
  • 26-05-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Here is the problem. I have a circular patch of grass. Around most of the edges the grass has gone yellow. There is still some green in there if you look. Im thinking when cutting the lawnmower push's the grass down around the edges. Im thinking the grass isn't getting a chance to breed and get the sun. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Have you got a dog by any chance? Not being smart, but I think they can often be the cause of grass turning yellow!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brians947

I know all about dogs and yes i do have one but he isn't aloud into the garden unless somebody is about. The Yellow in the garden came after it was cut on sat morning. The grass was a little damp at the time. The next morning all around the edges of the circle and in about 4 to 5 inches has gone all yellow. If it was the dog i would expect a patch here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Its not that then. Just said I'd mention it! Aside from that, I wouldnt have a clue, as Im not much of a gardener TBH. Sorry I couldnt be of any help to you:(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

mayby you cut the grass too low around the edges

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brians947

Thats what i was thinking as well as the edges are slightly higher than the centre. The area really needs to be leveled so i was thinking of getting a top dressing to levelit and and seed to it also. Have replanted all the flower beds with perennials. The grass was coming on great and was really happy with it. Have to get it back to were it was. Spoils the garden.

• Advertisement
Advertisement