Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

01 Disco TD5 New Model

Options
  • 26-05-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm toying with the idea of buying said jeep, its low miles n looks ok.

What ye think of them? Any experience good or bad?

Thanks
    Seánie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Most of the jap owners on here will tell you not to touch it with a bargepole! ;)

How much is being asked for it? The Td5 engine is generally very reliable although post 02 ones are better. Unless it's poverty spec it should be on air springs, make sure it's sitting level and doesn't sag with the engine off. Make sure everything electrical works. Check the footwells and rear boot floor for rust, especially if it has sunroofs. You don't want to hear any clunks, bangs and rumbles, suspension and axle parts aren't as easy to change as earlier models (typical of any modern 4x4 though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

iv one 5 years now a 03, it has cost me a few bushels ,a track rod end ,a few other bits .

so the jeep and cost me @ 300 euro for parts with a 128,000 on it now.

iv put 86.000 miles on it ,wore out one set of BF Goodridge 74,000 out of them .
    600 euro for a new set .

usual servicing costs ,landrovers are not to bad to buy filters etc for.

i do some off road work ,deer stalking/hunting and use it for my work also ,i do not pull a heavy trailer with it .

really cant fault it ,i had another disco and it did not cost me a lot too .

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

There is a strong LandRover community in Ireland -which gives you access to DIY advice, independent experts and parts supply.

Some UK parts suppliers also ship to here for very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

It's a late 2001, facelift model so it prob has the 02 TD5, he's asking for €3,500 but there's more than likely a bit of play in that. What they like on juice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

It will be an 02 model then, easier to reprogram the ecu ;)

28-32mpg probably, depending on how you drive it. The price is half the UK value but it's a funny market here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

On my third disco, current one is 01 auto ES and have had it for two and a half years bringing mileage from 32k to 79k. Have had bits and pieces to do with it along the way, but would only change it for another one. Great machine and, like anything else on the road, once it is serviced there should be no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

On my third disco, current one is 01 auto ES and have had it for two and a half years bringing mileage from 32k to 79k. Have had bits and pieces to do with it along the way, but would only change it for another one. Great machine and, like anything else on the road, once it is serviced there should be no bother.

Land Rovers are great, but you have to service them! Look after and it will last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Suckler

Have an 01 Discovery myself. Never missed a beat. Ive done a lot of miles with her, hauled cattle and steel with her. Great road manners and well able off road with a decent set of tyres. Service them often and they'll never stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Thanks for all your help and advice. I called him about it but he had jus crashed it -- towing a trailer. Chassis twisted and frontal damage. Shame 'cos it was a good price and low mileage. Though i got myself a golf van... They lovely to drive!

Advertisement