Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you define this in terms of literature

Options
  • 26-05-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Early to bed
    Early to rise
    Work very hard
    and advertise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I don't understand the question! Do you mean what is the name of it's structure; for example, a limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Adnerb666

Ill throw my two cents in!!

You have a reworked adage, the original as we all know is:

Early to bed
    Early to rise
    Is the way to be
    Healthy, wealthy and wise.

An adage is like a proverb, a saying that has gained reputation to be true over time.

The re-working of the last two lines makes me think that it can be called a epigram which is a witty saying.

I think it could still be termed as an adage despite the substitution because who doesn't realise the proof that advertising works!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcimike

epigram that is just the word I was looking for. I used, because I was stuck for an explanation, "funny verbiage", another way to respond to "why advertise"

But thank you so much for epigram. I shall remember it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

it means you work long hard hours in a advertising agency and get paid fcuk all :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement