Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will it take?

Options
  • 26-05-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

like most of you I was amused by the all the rubbish videos on youtube et al that claim '100% genuine ghost video' etc but now I get annoyed at it as with all the effort going into these hoaxes and to a lesser extent all of the genuinley debunked evidence...what will it take for us to say that is genuine paranormal. through what media would it probably come; audio? video? photo? EMF? nightvision? EXIF data? thermal imaging? a comination of some or all of these I would imagine.

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

or a white sheet with holes in it maybe?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

it'll be like its always been. the only way to be convinced of the paranormal is to have a parnormal experience of your own. One where you *have* tried to rationally explain it completely and come up empty handed. Videos and audio can be faked. A lot of stuff can be explained by natural things - including evps, weird feelings et cetc. Doesnt mean all evps etc are natural, but theres no real way of proving it to anyone.

Its different for everybody. Im still not convinced and yet i have witnessed things happen. I have had some personal things happen and yet i am not convinced as they were personal and didnt happen to somebody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

There is no single piece of evidence or combination of pieces that can been seen as 100% genuinely paranormal. Not until we understand the mechanics of what is being experienced can we take it at face value. And then its no longer paranormal by definition.

As the others have said its the subjective experience that convinces most people but thats worthless to anyone other than the observer or those who choose to take them at their word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I've had loads of paranormal experiences but I don't think there's anyway to prove it,but my auntie had to stay here for a while and moved out soon after because she got really freaked out,and a friend of mine stayed here and heard the noises aswell,couldn't prove anything though.

Left a video camera on one night,didn't see anything but the video had some weird glitches and stuff in it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I need to see a big **** off ghost appear out of nowhere and go "alright whats the story, Im a ghost" before fading off back to hell or wherever the dead hang out.

But after spending many a night in many a haunted place ......... it has yet to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

The thing is, if one got the perfect piece of evidence and in the best circumstances there still would be people who would claim it a fraud or whatnot.
    Personal perspective is a constant variable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    The thing is, if one got the perfect piece of evidence and in the best circumstances there still would be people who would claim it a fraud or whatnot.
    Personal perspective is a constant variable.

Thats why I think nothing will really be worth anything until we understand the mechanics of what is being experienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I agree, there won't be any evidence as such. The only TRUE way to find out is if you get a REAL personal experience. An experience which you can't explain, if you can rule out most explantions, then you will believe.

The best form to believing in the spirt world is Poltergeist activity. If you ever experience Poltergeist activity and you KNOW it is legit. Then it doesn't matter what any of the skeptics/cynics in the world think, you have seen it with your own eyes and no one will be able to take that away from you.

Advertisement