Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young ones today...

Options
  • 26-05-2010 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Do you ever notice how the younger females of today all seem to have great legs that girls from 10 years ago never did or never even ever bothered showing???

And that they seem to be just better looking in general??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I thought from the title this was going to be a thread about how kids have no respect and are rude and just a general giving out about kids thread.

Young women today are more free than they were ten years ago about showing off their bodies, and in turn want their bodies to look better. Plus there has been great advancements in the science of lotions and whatnot that tone, tan, moisturize and do numerous other things.

This is made more noticable recently by the good weather.

Mystery solved

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

All i know is nowadays teenage girls make a habit of not wearing knickers on their nights out to teenybopper discos, I have young cousins who are far more experiences at 14/15 than I was at 19.

lucky bastards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i recently found out that a girl who is on my face book was 17 :eek: I thaught she was at least 21.. Shes very attractive to and has really nice legs

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Most of them seem to be a lot more confident with their bodies specially given the rise in fake tan, better lotions etc.

And also due to the image that is portrayed in teen magazines they are pressured into looking well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

A lot of men thought complained about feminism but in terms of sexualising the young wimmins and making them footloose and fancy free it has certainly made many a man's dream come true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

They are showing alot more true but there are some amount of fat teenagers waddling about the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

donfers wrote: »
    A lot of men thought complained about feminism but in terms of sexualising the young wimmins and making them footloose and fancy free it has certainly made many a man's dream come true

And they can also pick up the cheque at the end of dinner too!

Back of the net! Go feninisim!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Gaz wrote: »
    They are showing alot more true but there are some amount of fat teenagers waddling about the place

Don't remind me. Muffin tops they're called. Shudder. I think what's worse is that because so many kids are overweight it's sort of the norm and they don't realize they look so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

LD 50 wrote: »
    Don't remind me. Muffin tops they're called. Shudder. I think what's worse is that because so many kids are overweight it's sort of the norm and they don't realize they look so bad.

Oh they know, living in today's media dominated society how could they not, they probably just don't give a ****. Or at the very least, too young to care.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think that the young women of today are carrying a lot more weight than the women of 10 years ago. You hear a lot about the "omg, the pressure to be thin" on one hand, but on the other we have a lot of young women carrying around a lot of bodyfat. I think the young lads get away with it because their hormone profile supports it, but when they hit their late 20's / early 30's they'll almost certainly be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Khannie wrote: »
    I think that the young women of today are carrying a lot more weight than the women of 10 years ago. You hear a lot about the "omg, the pressure to be thin" on one hand, but on the other we have a lot of young women carrying around a lot of bodyfat. I think the young lads get away with it because their hormone profile supports it, but when they hit their late 20's / early 30's they'll almost certainly be the same.

I eat like an obese person but thanks to my youngman metabolism I'm pretty damn thin. Sometimes I think i could use a few more pounds. Wont be saying taht in a few years when the proverbial hits the fan! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

Galvasean wrote: »
    I eat like an obese person but thanks to my youngman metabolism I'm pretty damn thin. Sometimes I think i could use a few more pounds. Wont be saying taht in a few years when the proverbial hits the fan! :pac:

I eat like that to mate. I had 2 mcdonalds meals today plus and nice big curry:eek: I dread the day when it will all catch up with me.

And to reply to the original post, Ye women are really nice looking these days thank god:p:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

I remember girls in miniskirts 10 years ago, the only difference now is they're in high heels instead of Reebok Classics

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Khannie wrote: »

Yeah maybe that has a part to play in it, but I think activity levels also need to be taken into account. Like from the group of people I hang around with I can safetly say that the guys are far more active than the women.

The guys would all play with some team or go to the gym around three times a week, while the girls would be lucky to see the inside of the gym once a month.

Oh and when they do go, we never hear the end of it, about how they're being 'so good' and healthy. Drives me mad at times.

Like going to the gym twice in one week does not make you healthy, going there twice a week for a year does. aarrrggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Do you ever notice how the younger females of today all seem to have great legs that girls from 10 years ago never did or never even ever bothered showing???

And that they seem to be just better looking in general??

I think they are just wearing shorter skirts and shorts.
    And its hot.
    And the weather is making us all frisky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Some girls should be forced to wear age tags, total jailbait half the time !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

krudler wrote: »
    All i know is nowadays teenage girls make a habit of not wearing knickers on their nights out to teenybopper discos, I have young cousins who are far more experiences at 14/15 than I was at 19.

lucky bastards...

LOL at bloke who believes the sexual stories of 14/15 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

jamesr123 wrote: »
    I eat like that to mate. I had 2 mcdonalds meals today plus and nice big curry:eek: I dread the day when it will all catch up with me.

And to reply to the original post, Ye women are really nice looking these days thank god:p:D:D

Ate two medium big mac meals in one sitting recently for lunch because it was on offer - my girlfriends doing weightwatchers so while she was calculating her points she decided to do mine aswell to make herself feel better - she had 21 which is one over what a woman should be eating I had 42...and I was hungry while going through this process :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya some the women I have seen in past week has been fantastic and bloody trying to keep mini me down is hard enough (no pun intended ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

A friend of mine's brother is a bouncer, he doesnt have a permenant residence so he justs gets jobs when he can.

But he says he refuses to do underage discos, as the kids are filthy, the stories he told are all mental. Basically, everybody is fingering and **** each other all over the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nidot wrote: »
    Yeah maybe that has a part to play in it, but I think activity levels also need to be taken into account.

Yeah, that's true too and I see it with my young lad. He spends half his life on a pitch or court of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Hazys wrote: »
    A friend of mine's brother is a bouncer, he doesnt have a permenant residence so he justs gets jobs when he can.

But he says he refuses to do underage discos, as the kids are filthy, the stories he told are all mental. Basically, everybody is fingering and **** each other all over the shop.

It was like that when I was a kid.
    Called hormones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 k1ll1ngt0n

Its funny this thread has been brought up. I'm from the US and just got back from Dublin recently. I have never seen so many young women clad in miniskirts as I did there.
    I attribute it to some sexual revolution the kiddies are going through.

Now if only that damn eskimo boots trend would die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Glenster wrote: »
    LOL at bloke who believes the sexual stories of 14/15 year olds.

LOL at the bloke who doesn't, tbh.

The majority of them are sluts, believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

baz2009 wrote: »

Take your garbage elsewhere mate.

DubMedic wrote: »
    Take your garbage elsewhere mate.

:confused:

Stand outside any teenage disco and you'll see it yourself.

I'm almost guaranteed so see at least 2 couples riding on the dancefloor on Saturday night(going to a teenage disco, I'm 16 so don't get any ideas:P).

Out of 11 girls in my class, 7 of them would be 'easy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:confused:

Stand outside any teenage disco and you'll see it yourself.

I'm almost guaranteed so see at least 2 couples riding on the dancefloor on Saturday night(going to a teenage disco, I'm 16 so don't get any ideas:P).

Out of 11 girls in my class, 7 of them would be 'easy'.

I'm sure you don't approve of their activities and don't contribute to their "easiness".

Anyway, casting my mind mind back to "my younger days", I'd say there are thinner girls aged 15/17 generally, but also more over weight. Size 10-14 probably would have been average in "my day", but a more representative average.

I'd say there are more extremes now as in thin and over weight, probably explained by changes in Irish society over the last 20 years, the increased pressure on young girls to be thin and the huge increase in consumerism over the same period, in particular.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

dude this isn't acceptable type of posting here. Please read the charter and get a feel for the place before posting again.

Cheers

DrG

K-9 wrote: »
    I'm sure you don't approve of their activities and don't contribute to their "easiness".

When did I say I had a view either way?
    I couldn't care less, tbh.
    No, I wouldn't contribute to their easiness, especially if I know them.

Noted, Dr G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Galvasean wrote: »

Used to be like that but not anymore.

I knew it was happening and adjusted my diet accordingly :)

I'm heavier than I was but TBH, women like me more with the extra weight. Still a little under average weight for my height.

Before I was about a stone underweight eating everything and anything I wanted.

Advertisement