Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyl, Axis and Prism

Options
  • 26-05-2010 10:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got my eye test done today in specsavers, with the intention of then buying online. After the test I got the optician to write the prescription on a card for me. I noticed that she didn't fill in the Cyl, Axis, and Prism values, so I went back and checked with the receptionist if there was a mistake, and she said no. I didn't push it, as it was obvious at this stage I wouldn't be buying glasses off them and had only availed of their eye-test as it was on offer, and I'm a tightarse :D

The optician had said to me, that other than being short sighted I had no abnormalities and my eyes were perfect.

So, is there standard measures for the Cyl, Axis and Prism values? and if so what are they?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

no, the cyl and axis correspond to eachother. If you have CYL it means you have astigmatism which then needs to be set on an AXIS (from 1 to 180). Obviously you dont have astigmatism so these have been left blank.

The Prism is a completely different thing that corresponds to muscle imbalances, which, as its been left blank, doesnt apply to you.

Advertisement